🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with olddude and vino today to center city Philadelphia, and another spot of his, these places are beautiful, lots of targets as you can see from the pics. Old Dude had a great day, his thread is up, vino of course made a killer exit find but ill let him tell his story, anyhow I got some nice finds today, I believe I have my oldest coin to date, I can see the bust of what looks like a KG, but I have no idea what variety and I am very guilty of the cardinal sin of metal detecting, I got super aggressive with a 400 grit sandpaper on the back of it because it was way way toasted and I thought I might pull some definition, It was way toasted before I even touched it! oh well I can at least see the bust on front lol!! im not counting this as my oldest because of how destroyed it is! plus 2 large cents, a couple round balls and some buckshot, 3 wheats, a fake junk ring, and a ton of clad, and 2 nice flat buttons plus........... 20140827_162638.jpg
BAM check out that amazing buckle!!, this thing is heavy and in terrific shape!

20140827_200326.jpg 20140827_185427.jpg 20140827_200343.jpg 20140827_185538.jpg 20140827_185527.jpg 20140827_192338.jpg 20140827_192350.jpg

all in all a great day in great company, thanks
again for inviting us HillBillies down vino!! :laughing7:

Upvote 15
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The neckerchief slide is awesome. it looks like it is from some sort of youth organization. Does it have any hallmarks on it?

Boy scouts, but there's no hallmarks

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't that fun! Nice trip, camaraderie, AND on top of all that some wonderful finds and a busy day full of targets. WTG!

Don't fret about the 400 grit, that's smaller grit than you usually use when you rub your coins in the field. ;)
Thanks!!

Yeah I knew I'd catch a boatload of crap for using the sandpaper but I figured who cares it's too far gone already

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm telling you. Amazing things happen when you guys get together to hunt. It must have something to do with mixing up a little redneck mojo with some citified luck which produces stunning finds. I'm pretty much a coin guy, but that said your buckle POPPED off the page to me. It is amazing!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks![/QUOTE

Oh Cjon.... you are a really good sport... apparently my humor is a but subtle.

Congrats on the KG, as I know that you have been looking for that one. That buckle is a real killer too. You guys had quite a hunt, I am very jealous of all the treasure that you were able to find. GL&HH.

"... no hallmarks..." Just priceless!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm telling you. Amazing things happen when you guys get together to hunt. It must have something to do with mixing up a little redneck mojo with some citified luck which produces stunning finds. I'm pretty much a coin guy, but that said your buckle POPPED off the page to me. It is amazing!
Lol at redneck mojo, yeah it has alot to do with getting on the amazing spots vino provides!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks![/QUOTE

Oh Cjon.... you are a really good sport... apparently my humor is a but subtle.

Congrats on the KG, as I know that you have been looking for that one. That buckle is a real killer too. You guys had quite a hunt, I am very jealous of all the treasure that you were able to find. GL&HH.

"... no hallmarks..." Just priceless!
Hey ya never know lol I see some questions on here and posts that make me scratch my head and think ahh duh did they really just ask that? lol. I was just trying to be nice ha:laughing7:

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol at just being nice.
I just looked through all 600+ pages of my belt plate book and that half you found at the first site is not in there. Either it is civilian or a foreign military one.

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in center city if u don't mind me asking? I used to love there so I am very curious.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think Vino wants to give away his sites, Mack. Nothing personal, but there are a lot of " guests " on threads here. I am sure you have seen that if you log in through a browser. I still believe the site should make people create an account so they have a record of who is using it. I will say it is close to anything and everything historical. One of the curators was gracious enough to grant Vino permission because he gives the relics back in a nice presentation box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread