I thought it was a jewelry box

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped by a yard sale on my way to work Friday morning. As usual, most of what they had was junk and I didn't even notice this box when I first scanned the table it was on. On my way out, I looked over the tables again and noticed this box:

DSC00695.JPG

It had a nice finish on it and looked like it was in good shape. I thought it was a jewelry box so I wasn't particularly interested in it but I opened the lid to see if anything was inside. Turns out it wasn't a jewelry box at all. It is cigar humidor.

DSC00697.JPG

I asked the lady how much she wanted for it and she said "5 dollars". Sold! When I got home, I checked ebay and found the identical box sold a couple of weeks ago for $81.00. I have listed my new acquisition for $75 and it is getting a lot of views so hopefully I can flip it quickly for a good profit.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great find for $5! Usually simple run of the mill humidors go for 25 or 30

OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I listed this on ebay on Sunday for $75 with Buy It Now - Best Offer option. I sold it yesterday for $60. So, after ebay/paypal fees, that's a 10-bagger (sold for 10 times what I paid for it)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread