Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... I call it perversion.

If it were freedom, then you would not be criticized for NOT accepting gays.

Instead, the normal are forced to accept the abnormal as if it were not a disgusting perversion of nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I'm not a fan of organized religion, I don't believe it's right to force religious institutions to perform a marriage ceremony that will contradict principles the faith teaches.
It's like forcing the Buddhist monks to allow a woman to live in the temple. For thousands of years, no onions, garlic, and women in the temple!
These are distractions from meditation. Women should be allowed to practice in a separate building.
Maybe the Jews should start serving pork after their Saturday service?
Or better yet, get a Jew to read from the Koran to thousands of Muslims! That would go over well.
Every culture and religion has there own marriage ceremonies. Some religions may tolerate gay marriage.
There are thousands of non-denominational ordained ministers in the country.
Even the "New Age" community has several ministers that could legally marry.
They can also get married by the Justice of the Peace.
When all else fails, head to Vegas!
Plenty of options.
Cheers,
Dave.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I'm not a fan of organized religion, I don't believe it's right to force religious institutions to perform a marriage ceremony that will contradict principles the faith teaches.
It's like forcing the Buddhist monks to allow a woman to live in the temple. For thousands of years, no onions, garlic, and women in the temple!
These are distractions from meditation. Women should be allowed to practice in a separate building.
Or better yet, get a Jew to read from the Koran to thousands of Muslims! That would go over well.
Every culture and religion has there own marriage ceremonies. Some religions may tolerate gay marriage.
Plenty of options.
Cheers,
Dave.

Is anyone being foreced to do anything here?

According to the article the church is changing their bylaws because they are afraid of a potential lawsuit.

Sounds like it was the church's decision to me.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plenty of options.
Cheers,
Dave.

Muddyhandz I get what you're saying and well said.The Christian faith is based on Biblical principles and the only way around it is to change the by laws of the church after the fact so that the doctrine of what the church believes is still intact.Churches wouldn't feel like they have to change their by laws if this issue wasn't being forced on them,that's the whole point of the gay marriage movement,to make Christian churches accept them and perform ceremonies they don't believe in which is the marriage between same sex couples.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gays allowed to marry --fine then let them get married by "the churches and by the people" that believe in it --

however for traditional churches whose fundamental beliefs state that "same sex" having male/ male or female/female sex is a "abomination before the lord" --there is no way any same sex "marriage /union" could be done in their church as it violates their basic religious rights. --no religious group should be "forced to marry any couple of any type or face being sued"--freedom of religion is one of our basic "rights" in the bill of rights.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

According to the article the church is changing their bylaws because they are afraid of a potential lawsuit.

Inidviduals and Private businesses are slowly being made to acquiesce to the governments will all of the time.

Here is an example of overreach by the Judicial branch. And new laws that run against the Constitution of the U.S.
Refusal to photograph New Mexico same-sex couple ruled illegal | Reuters

"(Reuters) - A New Mexico event photographer's refusal on religious grounds to shoot the commitment ceremony of a same-sex couple amounted to illegal discrimination, the state's highest court ruled on Thursday.
New Mexico, along with 20 other states and the District of Columbia, has a law that explicitly protects individuals from being discriminated against on the basis of their sexual orientation. Another 29 states have no such protection.
In refusing to photograph the ceremony, Elane Photography violated the New Mexico Human Rights Act in the same way that it would have if the company had refused to photograph an inter-racial wedding, the New Mexico Supreme Court said."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not put it past this admin to step in and seek federal suit against a church that refuse to perform a ceremony.....

Personally I would quit a church that performed one and leave a denomination that sanction it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a Church is changing it's rules in the face of a lawsuit that is the definition of "Being Forced To Comply" by using duress and blackmail. The Constitution is clear about the role of government and church, and the government is not allowed to interfere in a church that is not breaking any laws. Note there is nothing being done to Islam, and they have a severe Idea of Gay marriage, much less the actual practice.

Maybe this also means that some churches are more equal than others?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Yes, I'm forced to listen to whining liberals who say that I should accept the perversion, or that I must keep my mouth shut and not call it unnatural.

Fortunately, I am my own person ... and I decide for myself that I won't bow to the illness of the mass media and those who want to force acceptance of their sick lifestyles to intrude on my peace and tranquility.

If you want to do that, it's YOUR BUSINESS, don't tell me about it and definitely don't expect me to think that you are anything but mentally defective.

Keep your perversions to yourselves.

Wish Miley Cyrus would have done the same ...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matter of fact, the saying In America may have to be, What would the U.S. Goobers make Islam do?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If a Church is changing it's rules in the face of a lawsuit that is the definition of "Being Forced To Comply" by using duress and blackmail. The Constitution is clear about the role of government and church, and the government is not allowed to interfere in a church that is not breaking any laws. Note there is nothing being done to Islam, and they have a severe Idea of Gay marriage, much less the actual practice.

Maybe this also means that some churches are more equal than others?

By gay members of their church?

Your argument doesnt hold water.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not put it past this admin to step in and seek federal suit against a church that refuse to perform a ceremony.....

Personally I would quit a church that performed one and leave a denomination that sanction it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just looking for some clarification, please:

Are politics allowed or not in Everything Else?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By gay members of their church?

Your argument doesnt hold water.

Since you didn't look at the article I didn't see where the church was changing for it's members? Looked like it said in the face of new rulings? How is my bucket now? Did you really have a point? Or a small meaningless attack on my post?

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gays allowed to marry --fine then let them get married by "the churches and by the people" that believe in it --

however for traditional churches whose fundamental beliefs state that "same sex" having male/ male or female/female sex is a "abomination before the lord" --there is no way any same sex "marriage /union" could be done in their church as it violates their basic religious rights. --no religious group should be "forced to marry any couple of any type or face being sued"--freedom of religion is one of our basic "rights" in the bill of rights.

and that my friends is why I don't eat shrimp, or pork, or dress in cloth of two different thread types. They're all "abominations before the Lord".

Hey, is religion allowed in "everything else?

Just wondering when the rule change came in.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and that my friends is why I don't eat shrimp, or pork, or dress in cloth of two different thread types. They're all "abominations before the Lord".

Hey, is religion allowed in "everything else?

Just wondering when the rule change came in.

Don't forget about not shaving your beard either. :headbang:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... I call it perversion.

If it were freedom, then you would not be criticized for NOT accepting gays.

Instead, the normal are forced to accept the abnormal as if it were not a disgusting perversion of nature.

I don't get criticized for not accepting people with an alternative lifestyle because I do accept it. So according to you Homosexuals are abnormal and abominations of nature eh? I see your post has been cleaned up already and wonder what the original post read like? It's a shame really, missing out on more of your wit and wisdom.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's so much division within Christianity that they'll never get every denomination across the board to comply.
Everyone seems to interpret that old book in their own way.
If a denomination or church allows it then you can guarantee that it would be to increase their congregation or coffers.
Kind of like Al Gore being an environmentalist.
I've got nothing against gay marriage, and see it no different than if one wants to believe in a 2,000 year old book.
But come knocking at my door preaching and you'll get a piece of my mind.
I don't go pestering people to believe in what I choose to believe.
Lately, I've seen a lot of gays yelling "Look at me everyone" as they wave the rainbow flag.
My reaction is "Good for you, do want a medal?"
I'm heterosexual. I don't go running around announcing it to everyone.
and I don't believe the church should have to perform marriages for something that goes against their doctrine.
Like I said before, there's plenty of people and places that would marry them.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for not being gay.

...my apologies.

There- I'm now politically correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread