I tried it..

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I was hanging out with some people and they started talking about dowsing.
I had never put much thought into it before but, this guy said "It works, you should try it"
(This other guy had recently showed him how he could find water.)
He handed me some straightened out coat hangers bent to an L shape,
showed me how to hold them loosely and told me to walk slowly into the yard watching the rods.

I didn't get to far into the yard when the rods slowly crossed. He said now, look down.
All I saw was a sprinkler head off to the side. He then said look to your right....another sprinkler head.... the rods had crossed over the hose that connected them.

Sooo.....now I'm more curious, I backed up slowly and the Rods uncrossed. I moved back in and they crossed again. then I thought 'I wonder if I could find gold (AKA Wold in some forums here ;)) Granted this is no scientific test or anything but, I took off a gold ring that I had on and placed it on the table outside. I said OK, now I'm looking for gold and walked in the direction where I placed the ring but looking at the rods. Again they crossed over the ring this time but not as obviously as when over the water line. again they uncrossed when I backed up.

Interesting.....

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
Now that you have had your first experience, here comes the reality. If you know where the target is, you will get your instrument/s indication. If after practice, you have someone else hide your target, you will find that as well. As long as SOMEONE knows where the target is, you will find it with practice. One thing to remember, the information is coming from your higher self, not from the instruments. You can use anything that you wish for an indicator. Now, if you are seeking a large, unknown, lost or buried "treasure", the odds of your finding it by dowsing are no better than chance. I am writing this with over 35 years experience dowsing. Good luck.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Jerry Laden said:
Another piece of information that will be good for you to know, is when you start looking for gold without the aid of your dowsing rods.... In the same places you would have dowsed for it.
Nicely stated, Jerry.

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
Mr. J L stated
"If the person that did the hiding is in the area with you, you will probably find it, but it's not a sure thing. (It's called Information Leakage)

However, if the person that did the hiding leaves the area completely and then you enter the area, without ever seeing that person (and they stay away) --then you are back to chance results."

That is total BS. I have done many, many experiments where objects were hidden by others, and none were present when the searches AND locations were carried out. One such experiment was done by a reporter for a national magazine and was written up in the magazine in the 1980's.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
These coins were found under the floor of a burned logging shack. I was looking for the entrance to a natural cave at the time.....Art
What were you doing inside a burned out shack looking for a cave entrance? ??? Or, was it that you saw a logging shack and thought there might be a chance something could be found there? Context clues as opposed to dowsing?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Bottom line is dowsers have an innate fear of seeing that all they believe in is incorrect and can't stand up to a simple test.

The truth is that Dowsers are smart enough not to be scammed..Art

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
Let me give you a “maybe” hypothetical dowsing experiment, and when I am finished, we let the forum members and moderators decide whether or not the outcome was reached by dowsing .
Suppose I called a reporter for a national magazine, and I was over 300 miles away at the time, to ask for an experiment to test my dowsing abilities.
“ Could you bury about three hundred pennies somewhere for me?” Answer….. “Yes, when will you return for the test?” Answer……. “I will be there in a few days, and I do not want you anywhere near the burial area. Just tell me the general area such as a mile marker, but not which side of the highway they have been buried on.” Also, I requested that the coins be buried at a certain depth, so that they would be out of reach of a “normal metal detector”.
The reporter does as requested, and I return in about a week to ten days. From my home, I call the reporter for assurance that everything is ready for the test. (no face to face dialogue) I am told that the coins have been buried for about a week, and I am told that they are near a certain mile marker in the Fla. Keys. There is a beach on one side of the highway, and a vacant field on the other. I try the beach, and start to dowse for the coins. I get a direction pointing up the beach, and begin walking and marking my progress. I continue this for several hundred yards, and notice a storm approaching that looks very ominous. I mark my last location and head home. I call the reporter from my home and tell of my progress, and that I will continue the next day. There is absolutely no hint from the reporter that I am anywhere near the right area.
Next day, I approached the area from a different direction, got a signal, and repeated the procedure of the previous day. After a much shorter walk, my signals stopped. I repeated the walk, and again my signal stopped. I started what is called a pin-pointing method, and closed the area to a two foot square. My treasure hunting partner had a metal detector that had been “jazzed” up for him, which allowed him to reach a little deeper than normal detectors. After a few min., we dug up the coins.
Legitimate test or not? I would like to see the forum members comment on this test.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Miner49er....That was a very good search....I always enjoy hearing how others Dowse...I am sure that they will make some kind of excuse why you located the coins...Art

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
aarthrj3811 said:
Bottom line is dowsers have an innate fear of seeing that all they believe in is incorrect and can't stand up to a simple test.

Dell Winders said:
Here we go again with the FREE advertising for Carl Moreland, and pretend Science. Dell

I'm sorry I don't get it. How is it that someone who offers you money to show proof of dowsing is scamming?

Is this like a double negative or something? Maybe a double positive? ???

After all, if someone can prove dowsing works, it'll be published as definitive proof AND you (the dowser) will get a cash reward. I don't see how this is a scam.

You're out nothing but a little time, settle the argument once and for all, and get cash.

I've seen Nigerian scams, pyramid schemes, Ponzi's, and even LRL Dealers...... but none of them give you cash with nothing up front.

How exactly is this a scam? ???

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have read the thread. I see nowhere where Randi or Carl is asking anyone for money for anything.

Sure if you have to travel, you'll be out a few bucks. No way could Carl or Randi provide transpo to anyone who wants it....

Surely there is a dowser living close to one or the other? Where travel was no problem?

Also, whats a plane ticket when you're walking away with a million, or ten thousand?

I still don't see how its a scam. I must be dense.... ???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders said:
Dowsing, whether done with a needle and thread or some expensive commercial made dowsing gadget, just doesn't work any better than pure Chance. And, the Challenges are constructed in such a way so that Chance results cannot win.

And of course, that renders the Dowsing challenge tests irrevelant to Treasure hunting which is the theme of Treasure Net Forums.

Considering the size and type of Treasures I search for, if I recovered several million dollars of Gold in 7 out of every 10 holes I dug, which is required to win the gimmick challenges, or even 5 out of 10 would be great.

Heck, I think every Beeper user would be estatic if he found Gold in 5 out of every 10 holes he dug even if it iswithin the calculated odds of Chance guessing the spot to beep.

So anyway, what is your point in pursuing this flawed logic against Treasure Dowsing?

You continue to promote the same old tired gimmick in each of your incarnations.

Oh yes, now I remember what you said your intentions were.But Hey, I'm still here, and I'm still in business.Dell

I'll go one fruther Dell.

When I'm Metal Detecting, I am not always
finding "things" 10 out of 10 holes.
sometimes I come up empty.

Metal detectors are probably 99% correct when they say
something (Anything) is under the coil, but I wouldn't say 100%

I said it in the Thread I was Requested to Move,
& I'll say it again.
I can Understand Disbelief that Dowsing works,
But I can't understand why if someone believes it does
others appoint themselves to try and discredit them or what they say.

I could see it, if somone said "I found a treasure with these
bent Hangers & for $19.95 I'll sell them to you".

But to just flat out insist dowsing dosn't work for anyone is
rather close minded in my opinion.
and Arguing that point is even more Confusing to me.
Could it be Fear of the Unknown ? or trying to convince themselves
it dosn't work because They can't do it.

I still Think, When I park my vehicle & walk directly to
the right spot to find my best find of the day.
Or get nothing but Trash & Clad all day & Find my Best find
on the way out at My Vehicle, this is the same process as Dowsing.

When I first came to TreasureNet I thought Dowsing was Impossable
but a few members here have Convinced me to open my mind.
and the more Denile thrown at them, the more it makes me wonder
why. and if it has to do with trying to Hide the truth.

Sorry So long, But, I just don't understand
why people insist they need to tell somone
they didn't do what they just got done saying they did :P
and that they shouldn't even try it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the comments Jeff.....I carry a metal detector most of the time. I now have a two box with me that is also one of my tools. Every treasure hunting tool has a job to do. If you read the rest of the forum you will find that there are a lot of people with problems.

When I go by Rye Patch in Nevada I like to stop and find a few Nuggets. Most of the gold I locate there is in the bottom of the 1000's of holes dug by people.

I have my own idea's about how Dowsing works. If the day comes that I can no longer locate objects with my rods I will throw them away.....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

Except those that scam themselves....

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Amethist. Barium, Bismuth, Cadmium, Calcium, Carbon, Chromium, Cobalt, Diamond, Emerald, Garnet, Granite, Iridium, Jasper, Maganese, Mammoth Tusk, Manganese, Molybdenum, Palladium, Platinum, Quartz, Rhodium, Ruthenium, Sodium,Tantalum, Titanium,Tungsten and Vanadium

Just a short list of what some Dowser are locating.....Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread