Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Wanna TELL!!....But I Can't!!!

After last weeks fiasco with the 'frozen dirt', Lisa and I decided to take advantage of the warm weather we had this week. We ended up getting out three different days. First day was looking for a site that I had spotted on one of the old maps, and it happened to be on one of my friends property that we frequent. :icon_thumright:
Get to the site, scoot under the barb wire and get to searching...
The site we're looking for should be somewhere at the bottom of this hill.
100_0193-1.jpg

At the bottom of the hill is a spring. It winds around and ends up here....
100_0191.jpg

Only problem is, seems the cows love to have their gatherings here and with all the rains we've had, their heavy traffic had made our happy hunting grounds one big mud hole. :P We did manage a few square nails and a some canning jar lids, but we decide to move on to another site for the rest of the day. Only had a couple of hours before dark. Here's what I came home with...
100_0207.jpg

Next day out we went to back to an old favorite. Lisa was about an hour behind me and I had only found a button to put into my keeper pocket by the time she arrived.
100_0204.jpg

We doodle around and I find a really neat belt buckle and a two toned canning jar lid. I don't normally keep the lids unless they're a kind that I've never found. (thought it was neat)
100_0202-1.jpg

100_0203-1.jpg

Found this strange cup looking thing....
100_0210.jpg

There's an old house here that has easy access to the bottom side. A couple of years ago we ducked under there, but didn't find much of anything. With my pocket on the empty side, I look at Lisa and tell her I'm going in! :D
100_0195.jpg

Didn't take her long to gather up her DFX and get to huntin'....
100_0196-1.jpg

It was pretty dark under there, so I could only rely on the tone to decide wheather or not to dig. (I forgot I had one of those head lamps) :P Anyhow, from the back of the house it's not too bad, but the closer I got to the front, I found myself in a space that had maybe two feet from the ground to the bottom of the flooring. I started getting really good tones and scooping up the goodies. It was difficult to tell exactly what I had, but could see that the silver coin I had found was a Barber. A few more minutes and it was time crawl out and see what I had found. Ended up with two wheats: 1909 and 1910! No VDB...but exciting to look and see. :D Got two Injun's...1901 and 1906 and then the Barber dime...1907. Also found a 1953 wheat at another spot at the end of the hunt.
100_0205-1.jpg

I 'bout had a heart attack when I found the top side of a little silver looking storage container, but nothing else in the hole. :-\
100_0209-1.jpg

Friday we had planned on hunting a particular site, but got side tracked and visited another. Was a neat place on the top of a mountain. Spent most of the afternoon there and had a couple of nicknack's in my pocket. Something that had sterling silver stamped on it..maybe part of a picture frame?
100_0235.jpg

100_0247.jpg

The day was almost over, but we wanted to hit the site that we started out for. I really didn't think I did all that well at this spot. A little disc here, a little clip there, but was satisfied with being able to get out and hunt. After I got home, I cleaned up what few items I had and notice some writing on the little disc. It looked like some kind of check tag, but where the hole on the top was had a rusty blob blocking the writing it had stamped on it.
100_0244.jpg

I couldn't stand not knowing what it said, so I worked on removing the blob. I popped off the majority of the rusty and started soaking and cleaning with a toothpick. What I found was as exciting to me as finding a gold coin! I can't reveal what this little tag goes to without revealing my site. :-\ Can only tell that it is somewhat historical and I am THRILLED to have found it! (It's NOT a miners tag :tongue3:) ;D
100_0266.jpg

End of the day pics....
100_0225.jpg

100_0226.jpg

Have a great weekend!!

Nana :-X :D :-*

Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: I Wanna TELL!!....But I Can't!!!

I think I saw a winter copperhead in that spring Bama Nana. You Bama Beauties had a good day. I bet you enjoyed finding the coins. The cup looking thing looks like a small funnel to me. I bet you gals wouldn't "duck' in there in the summertime. Looks snakey to me.
Protect your spot at all costs. Otherwise, you'll go back and find some "parasite hunters" there. They are lazy and wait for YOU to find a good spot and they go back until it's hunted out-many times without permission. As I have told you before, that's why we rarely post site pics. Hopefully, you can reveal the writing on the tag in the future. Good luck and pound that spot, Quindy.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D :notworthy:
AWESOME diggs ladies

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aaah, Sweet Home Alabama is really providing some awesome things for you to find. Gosh, I love everything! Glad you had the chance to get out and dig up some really interesting relics. Great pics as always.

:wink: RR

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Fantastic finds. The Pointer button may be from Pointer Brand overalls. I really need to know what was on the tag you found. I have not been able to sleep not knowing. ;D Good luck hunting.
Burt

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aw, come on. We're not going to tell. ;D :wink: Was it the old Jed Clampett homestead? :icon_scratch: :laughing9:
Nana that is so cool that you two went under that old house & came out with some great coins. Well done ladies. :occasion14:
Thanks for the great post,
MM
P.S. Very nice buckle too. :hello2:

Attachments

• jed-clampett.jpg
    jed-clampett.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,511

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Great stuff GF! I wish I could be there to "adventure" with you two! I love the idea of "diving" into old creepy places (cobwebs included!)

Thanks for sharing your latest goodies and be careful out there!
Moon

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It looks like you have a good site. Don't blame you for being cautious about revealing it. I had a site somewhat similar and let word out and every detectorist and their dogs were hunting it. Let alone unfilled holes all over.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds/great hunts, Nana.
Now, you can tell me/show me all of the object. Remember, I live in S. Korea, so I won't be there
to hunt it. And, when you do, just put at the top of the post..."FOR HIKEINMTS EYES ONLY"......you know
noone else will look. :tongue3:
Keep it a secret......just let us look at what you find. :thumbsup:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awesome, somebody crawlin around under that house lost some coins!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, Bird, Ray, T, Jeff! :)
Now that would be cool, Willy! :o I noticed those blobs on my review screen and thought those were neat. :D
Thanks, Gypsy, Digger, Nugget & Cntry! :)
Thanks for that ID, Searcher. I didn't know what that might be. :)
Thanks, Rob! Not one little 'ole tax token! Can you believe it! :D
Can't tell, Romeo! :tongue11: :D It's probably not that big 'a deal to anyone else but me, but I'll keep it a secret for now. :D
Thanks, Brian and Iron! :)
Thanks for the ID and pic, MWHB! :)
Thanks for that, Jon! Those opera glasses are cool!
Thanks, Fro! :)
Yes, they did Daddy. ;D Even I remember those. :D
Thanks, Boop! :)
Brad...no snakes, but even after all the cold we've had, that dang ticks are still around! :-X
Thanks, Allen, Ed & Judie! :)
:D Thanks, Burt...it's the catchy title, huh? :D
Naw, MM...but dang near close! :D
Thanks, Chris, Moonie & Nova! :wink:
;D HIMts... :D
Yes, I assume so, Sniffy. Was what I was hoping for anyhow. :D

Thanks again ya'll! Find something' good!

Nana

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.

amazing finds.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Great stuff Nana.. as usual! Congrats. jgas

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for sharing Nana. I really enjoyed the pictures. Look like that calls for a return trip. Great finds. HH......

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ms. Nana,

Your zest for detecting is truly an inspiration.

You go girl!

Attachments

• EnergizerBunny.jpg
    EnergizerBunny.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,389

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
The #104 item..

..appears to be a 'tool check'. I've dug up dozens here in Trona,Ca. Most are imprinted with a 3-digit number and 'Solvay Process Co.' on the front and 'LOS ANGELES RUBBER STAMP COMPANY' on the back.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pictures,picture #5 looks like a funnel and picture #7 looks like a bag of cotton candy under the house. ;D

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great looking silver, and photos :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread