I want to be paid in nickels!!

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
Wow, the melt value of a nickel is now at 9.25 cents. The mint just passed a law (can the mint pass laws??? I thought only congress had the power to do that. I guess not everyone reads their constitution. Well, I'm sure you'd do time any way, long time since the constitution was a legally binding document) stating you can no longer melt pennies or nickels. Doesn't mean I have to spend them, might just buy a few rolls to put aside. My point is this: With metals so high, and not looking to drop any time soon, I can almost guarantee at some point in the next few years we will be making nickels out of something else. just like when we went to clad from silver, the ones out there now will have a collector value to them. a pre 82 penny is worth over 2 cents, a zinc penny is now worth very close to a cent in melt value. Look for changes.
It costs the mint only 6.5 cents to make a new presidential coin, costs them a dime to make a nickel. Don't be a sucker and collect the new dollars. They are BANKING on it, knowing millions of dollars are taken out of circulation buy collectors, at a .74 cent profit each. Forget the new dollars, collect nickels. It's where the real money will be in the next few years. JMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread