I want to do an artwork depicting the Lost Dutchman

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am forming a scene in my mind that I would like to illustrate. That scene is when the Dutchman discovers his friend Weiser has been murdered. I need input from folks who are more well read than I on whether this scene would include a Donkey, Mule, or Horse as the Dutchman's mode of transportation.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
Dan Gamache

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A burro. Sounds like a great idea. You will make a lot more money than anyone who ever searched for this questionable mine...

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know what,that is seriously a good idea.
Paintings about the lost Dutchman.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am forming a scene in my mind that I would like to illustrate. That scene is when the Dutchman discovers his friend Weiser has been murdered. I need input from folks who are more well read than I on whether this scene would include a Donkey, Mule, or Horse as the Dutchman's mode of transportation.

Dan Gamache

Good thinking , but maybe is from another version of Dutchman story , which I haven't read yet .

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

Dan Gamache

I don't think Jacob was at the scene or he would have met the same fate as his friend.

OP
OP
elgatodelnoche

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought Walz went for supplies and when he returned to the claim he found Weiser dead and he had been tortured by the Indians. Am I wrong? I cannot cite the literature I am not remembering this from.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With all the different facts,you can paint what you want.
What ever you paint will be close enough to some ones story.
I am going to talk to a friend of mine who is a painter,artist.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy elgatodelnoche,

Don't forget to include other things like Jacobs shotgun, and maybe the frying pan full of holes. In what are believed to be his pictures, he sported a beard. In one story he was looking for his mule, then in another they left the horses in a grassy ridge. In the scene that you want to paint, I believe he rode back in a lathered horse.

Homar

WATASHA

Aug 26, 2013
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Dowsing
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Paint me in the picture! That will probably be the closest I ever get to finding it!
Waylon

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to see some examples of your artwork. I paint landscapes...maybe we should ask for a new forum here at T-Net for posting member's art. (not for sale of course....and, a....of course no adult content).

OP
OP
elgatodelnoche

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please feel free to post up some of what you do. I work in the Computer medium. When somebody comes to me and wants a traditional print, then I will adjust the output to be the optimum for their particular use and have it printed on the medium required. Lots of folks are just happy to look at free lores versions on their computer screens.
One mile to Government Well.jpg

Attachments

• God of Thunder.jpg
    God of Thunder.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 129
  • Grumman FF-1.jpg
    Grumman FF-1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 120

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scene that I envision is Waltz down on one knee holding a bloody shirt in front of a makeshift mine entrance with arrows sticking in the ground and a knocked over coffee pot over a fire with a mule in the background. Maybe throw in a pick or shovel and a couple broken sacks of gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread