I WANT TO KNOW IN THIS HOBBY???

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
how many people are telling their friends and best friend how to do this?where are all these newbs coming from just this morning i go to my bank to pick up 2 boxes of halves.the teller says have a seat it'll be a few minutes.ok so i'm sitting there and this guy next to me gets up and gets in line.nxt thing i see him walking out with 4 bags of pennies off the machine?i'm like what WHAT FRICK IS THIS.every bank i ask can i buy bags off the machine OH NO WE CANT DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not i ask i get some b____________________t excuse and i walk out.so what do these guys belong to the million dollar club or something.i want to know who else gets to by bags of the machines and if you are members of the million dollar club.

Upvote 0

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...........where are all these newbs coming from................

You are all newbs in my opinion.

My parents were doing it in the late '60s

I grew up playing with the boxes of silver coins and they made big money when silver jumped sky high in the late 70s. Dad kept reinvesting and while never remotely close to the "million dollar club", he managed to leave my mother with enough to keep her comfortable for another few decades.

My brother in law grew up doing it as well and I believe many people I know do it from time to time on a small scale.

So yeah, anyone who began doing it after the '80s is a newbie.

xqG0QP3.gif

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I have a half dollar castle that sits on 15,500 acres next door.
They only deliver but don't pick-up. Man you must be swimming in coin, or are you just filling up you spare swimming pool with them?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to be a millionaire to get treated well. You don't have to be a millionaire to be nice to tellers.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
In the 35+ years that I've roll hunted, yes, I've told others. In that time, not one single soul showed much interest at all...

Lots of roll hunters back in the late 70's and $50 silver.

We used to throw the 40% back...

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reap question here should be- How many of your friends or anyone you told actualy pick up the hobby?? I'm well aware of my friends ambitions, most of them its just drinking, i told him about the collection dump i found and its value.... i think all he heard was. "Bunch of change"..... the masses don't care...

with that being said yes, telling someone who may actually become your competition can be problematic lol like others have said, loose lips sink ships

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The reap question here should be- How many of your friends or anyone you told actualy pick up the hobby?? I'm well aware of my friends ambitions, most of them its just drinking, i told him about the collection dump i found and its value.... i think all he heard was. "Bunch of change"..... the masses don't care...

with that being said yes, telling someone who may actually become your competition can be problematic lol like others have said, loose lips sink ships

I have 2 really close friends that we have known each other well over 20 yrs bring their kids over to play for an evening sit and watch me search 10 boxes ( and be here on a killer night of searching) and at the end of the search ( and finding 70 plus keepers) say " Ya, that's cool and all but, you are crazy, I'd never look through all those coins for that Silver". It really takes a dedicated kinda person to do this hobby, a lot will try and just give up after seeing the the YouTube vids they watched aren't really what it's all about, those are just rare moments when someone found a good box. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread