Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has probably been hashed out many times and for that i apologize in advance. First off i am not a sceptic in any sense of the word. I know that Dowsing works.

Anyway , i want to learn map dowsing and think it is cool beyond words. Where and how do i start learning how to do this magnificent skill ? There is so much misinformation on the internet that i refuse to partake in , so the best thing is to ask the experts. Thank you so much in advance. oh yeah , my name is Lou .

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice every day. Get lots of feedback every day . Learn some form of meditation, even if it is just yoga breathing. Don't expect anything for several weeks. Most people do not understand--you must stay out of it, just let your subconscious do everything. Your job is to become aware of any body sensations you get. Some say "a thrill or a chill", but I get a sensation in my left hand (mainly but sometime the whole body) it feels like a flickering like a malfunctioning florescent light that won't quite light up.

Just remember, you can't have your cake and eat it, too. You can't control the dowsing. It is a spectator sport. Once you think you can control it, you are not dowsing any more. That's probably the biggest lesson to learn. In the end, dowsing is not very reliable. Map "dowsing", the psychic stuff, is even more unreliable and inaccurate by ten times. Twenty-five years of daily practice will not guarantee you to become a good dowser. You have to put in the effort, you have to make it top priority. Even then, no guarantees. In remote viewing, they say a person has a certain born ability, and that can't be improved upon. I don't totally agree with that. When I first started, I couldn't use an L-rod for a couple years or more. Never really got it until I got into the frequency generators. Then it just took off. But I still struggle after more than 35 years. Map dowsing is just a pipe dream. Only a few people in the whole world have ever been any good at it and I've never met one of them. Even if a person can find something on a map, when you get there, it's not what you expected. Maybe a piece of scrap or some mineral pocket, which are everywhere. All you have to do is count how many caches have been found by map dowsing. Well, in thirty-five + years I don't know of any. I've read about some guy claimed he found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What do you think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. I have been under the impression for a long time that map dowsing was very reliable when conducted by a competent individual. The SRV stuff has fascinated me for the last 30 years but i never thought it was a part of dowsing. And i don't think i could ever do it so i never tried to even learn it.

I have a short story about dowsing. I was doing some research years ago on another matter. I was out in the field and had the one in a million chance to spot the subject of my investigation. As it fled into the woods , for some reason i tried to follow. Unable to keep up , i sat my pack down to get rid of some weight. Anyway , it didn't take very long to lose sight of the creature so after i gave up i went back to get my pack. I stumbled around the woods for hours looking for it but never found it. Eventually i gave up and headed for the car. At the next research meeting there was an old timer that swore adamantly that his dowsing group could absolutely find my pack. I have never felt comfortable in asking anybody for anything so i never followed through. I lost track of this guy when we moved to phoenix and last i had heard he was in bad shape and may be gone now.

My assumptions and ideas were that a person could learn to map dowse and i could compare my results with somebody like yourself . That would give me vindication that it was being performed correctly. I have a sort of sixth sense about things and am not able to pinpoint how to use it. I have a very unusual coexistence with animals , and when i am out in the field i am able to sense where things are. Not animals but other things like gold , relics... things like that. never anything large mind you.

I am attracted to an area 2000 miles from me and can't seem to get away from it. Some times i find myself up at 3 or 4 AM just looking at that google earth image. But unlike the guy in " close encounters of the third kind " i am not going to build a model of it in my kitchen and then go there. Does anything ring a bell that indicates i may be able to dowse maps ? Thank you so much for your response and also for all your help.... i really appreciate it .

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Been there. Sometimes I read something that peaks my mind. I have set down with a map of the USA. I have ask questions about an object I read about. Some times I have found a location. The history of our country 1000 years ago has been of interest to me.
I was on a farm in Michigan and noted blue clay on a plow. I dowsed a map and found gold. Here on the west coast blue clay is a clue for gold and silver. It is the same there.
Many of the maps I have done have been sent to people I know that live in the area. Some have been put on this board. I am not in a position to look for them myself.
It is fun to look for legends’ even if you are not going to seek them...Art

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love treasure tales , mostly for the history also. i have a fixation with a small square on a map in Montana but do not know why. I don't know anybody in Montana , don't remember any treasure tales in Montana , and never plan to visit Montana. Not that i could ever afford it anyway. I may be drawn to it in a native american way as my bloodline is mostly Cherokee. I certainly do not like the cold , and at 8000+ feet it would be cold in the summer. The nearest town is miles away so there is no reason for me to be fixated in that spot.

Not to mention bears... bears eat people. Thanks for listening.

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't tried dowsing before but I looked into the pendulum... I have one myself. I have not tried it in the field but I have had my husband hide some of our gold in various places in the house while I seclude myself in the garage. I clear my mind and only focus on the goal, which in my case was gold, and to my surprise, I actually found several of the grams I had my husband hide throughout the house..... it wasn't 100% accurate....... buuuuuut it sure shocked me how accurate it was for a novice!

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried dowsing before but I looked into the pendulum... I have one myself. I have not tried it in the field but I have had my husband hide some of our gold in various places in the house while I seclude myself in the garage. I clear my mind and only focus on the goal, which in my case was gold, and to my surprise, I actually found several of the grams I had my husband hide throughout the house..... it wasn't 100% accurate....... buuuuuut it sure shocked me how accurate it was for a novice!

Thats amazing Chris... amazing !!!

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Put it on here. We will give it a look

Art... i think i can get this pic thing figured out.... only took me an hour. Thanks for looking.

main montana.jpg

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was an interesting story when I got my pendulum! I was in a mystical store here in Des Moines called Ancient Ways....... We were looking around and I was standing by the pendulums..... I looked up at the track of a dozen pendulums.... there was 1 single pendulum that was swinging back and fourth... i thought that was strange so i called my husband Marco over and I pointed it out to him... I then started looking around for possible causes... I walked back and fourth to see if i could get the rack to shake due to it being wooden floors.... none of them shook!!!! I started thinking that it was an air vent that was making it shake... I looked up and down the enclosed case for any sign of a vent or airway... I didn't see a single thing.... So I called over the clerk and he laughed... He said that it chose me and it was showing me that by swaying........ The strangest thing is, is as soon as I walked away, it stopped swaying..... its a very simple pendulum, completely copper.

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree... it chose you ! What a blessing !!!

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im interested in Ouija mapping... just worried about all the demons, monsters, pesky spirits... also what are the rules on that... are you able to do this on your own or do you still need 2 people for the thingy... (complete novice in that... only ever played with an Ouija board once... scared of it really)

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep that board away from me... i wish it didn't exist ! Best of luck to you on that one !

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hahahahahahaha!!!! i only said im interested in it.... i still don't want to touch one with a 10 ft pole..... although i am interested LOL i may observe from a distance

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always said that i wasn't scared of anything... i forgot about that ! There are millions of them around , but i don't like them at all. I might just be paranoid over nothing , JUST BE CAREFUL !!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
im interested in Ouija mapping... just worried about all the demons, monsters, pesky spirits... also what are the rules on that... are you able to do this on your own or do you still need 2 people for the thingy... (complete novice in that... only ever played with an Ouija board once... scared of it really)

I don't know anyone who has ever claimed to use a Ouija board

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was reading Side_line's signature and he mentioned it... so I started looking into it to see what it was all about lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread