Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know that felling all to well!!! Been fooled like that a few times. Congrats and HH :icon_scratch:

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual Pack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. One of my finds was indeed a 14Kt ring but the stone yelled CZ all the way

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Still the thrill of the hunt and the not knowing what you are going to dig is a reason to keep at it and enjoy the hobby. Most of us have had nitro moments. I have them all the time underwater. I find a gold ring and after I get out and empty my pouch to look closer I se AVON inside it. GRRRRR.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, most of us know the feeling very well but it is hard not to get at least a little bit excited. But that is part of this hobby that I enjoy, the rush from a possible real treasure. I found over a hundred rings in one year two years ago, eighty six of them were junk, bling or super cheap kid's rings. however, the silver and gold ones are always a big rush as are the class rings. the junkers make you appreciate the good ones even more so. so keep searching and find us a good one to see:icon_thumleft:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, with the beaches getting ready to open, I'm reminded of how good a ring can look in the scoop,
wet and drenched in sunlight. Oh boy,, I don't know how many times I've gotten excited only to be disappointed by costume jewelry.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find! We have all had that experience...feels good for awhile. :icon_thumleft:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
On the bright side, it's moments like that that keep the ticker going strong!
heart-organ-animated-gif-1.gif

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual Pack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was helping my sisters husband search for his wedding ring and I didn't find his I found another ring. The patch of beach has been getting hit really hard the past few days by other MDers. Someone else found the ring and it was reunited to my sisters husband. But the ring I found was a heart shaped copper ring with the initials "R" in the middle of the heart. Must have been in the sand for sometime and the other guy must have thought it was junk because the guy is really good at hunting the Beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread