720.7 KB · Views: 100
  • SDC10654.JPG
    SDC10654.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
At least you are getting out there. At the rate we are going we won't see grass until July, LOL

You had a good day.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
As much pottery as you find you must be stepping over points. I hope not! But reality is harsh. Still a nice days finds.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope not too but I must be honest I was thinking the same thing... I'm kind of noticing everything seems to be a very dark colored flint.
I don't know if this is the case but its pretty natural for your eyes to get used to focusing on one color.
Still a couple reduction flakes and some pottery is better than nothing

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were to hunt my creek you would know the liter items will go to the top. Like flakes and pottery. The points are in the deeper water in the gravel where I cant see them. Its still winter here.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing better than I am! I'm thinking creek spirit wants me to make a sacrifice or somethin'...it's holding out on me but more daylight means more time there and I will find more! ;-)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing better than I am! I'm thinking creek spirit wants me to make a sacrifice or somethin'...it's holding out on me but more daylight means more time there and I will find more! ;-)

Yeah a sacrifice or something…. :tongue3:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
If you were to hunt my creek you would know the liter items will go to the top. Like flakes and pottery. The points are in the deeper water in the gravel where I cant see them. Its still winter here.
I hope you didn't take my reply wrong. I only want to help. It's still snow hanging out here and not a shoreline to mention. In no way am I downing you.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you didn't take my reply wrong. I only want to help. It's still snow hanging out here and not a shoreline to mention. In no way am I downing you.

No I didnt. The creek where I hunt at even though most of the land above is red clay for some reason the dirt in the creek is like beach sand. Very fine which Im sure the heavy stuff goes straight to the bottom. Some places that sand is 4 ft deep. If there is no gravel showing I always use my flipping stick to check if I can feel the bottom before I step on it. It is shocking how deep the sand is sometimes. When the sand dries you can walk on it. But if its wet beware. No gravel no walky. We had some rain a few days ago which raised the creek. If it ever goes down again Im sure I will find some more good ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread