I was lickin my chops.....ended up lickin my wounds....

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I gained permission at a cool old brick house in Hanover. The elderly lady said she has lived there for 50 years and no one has detected the place! I was ready!! The place kicked my butt!!
I was thinking large cents, seated dimes, indians all over the place. Thats what I get for thinking. Usually you can get at least one oldie out of a old home like this but I couldn't today. Oh well, will have to go knocking again next weekend. Got some wheaties with the oldest being 1919. The two items pictured were the best I could muster. My sons team won their football game today, they played out in hanover. I went scouring before the game, thats how I found the spot I was at today. Enough rambling for now. :hello:

Attachments

• 092510.jpg
    092510.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 0925101.jpg
    0925101.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 167

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
oh man, that's too bad Jim, i hate when that happens, you invest valuble detecting time and expect wonderful things and it doesn't quite pan out; looks like you got a few old relics tho! Has happened to me alot in the past, I blame my bad luck on fill dirt or someone nighthawking the place without the owner's knowledge, ha-ha!
Hope your friend Frankenstein hasn't hit that place before.
Keep at it, you will hit the motherlode. ffd

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
fistfulladirt said:
oh man, that's too bad Jim, i hate when that happens, you invest valuble detecting time and expect wonderful things and it doesn't quite pan out; looks like you got a few old relics tho! Has happened to me alot in the past, I blame my bad luck on fill dirt or someone nighthawking the place without the owner's knowledge, ha-ha!
Hope your friend Frankenstein hasn't hit that place before.
Keep at it, you will hit the motherlode. ffd

Hey D, even if Frankenstein did hit the place he usually leaves some goodies behind. I was thinking someone musta hit the place before and the homeowner just forgot?!? Or there just wasn't nothin for the takin. Who knows? Another day will come. Any silver halves lately? :tongue3:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I come across a place like that I always figure you must have already been there. :laughing7: I like the relics though, and old wheats are usually enough to pacify me. I like your relics, the thimble is pretty cool. good luck knockin

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you have to be happy for the wheats. Nice thimble! :icon_thumright:

HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes they go like that! At least you tried and now you know. Maybe the next one will make up for it! I hope so! :icon_thumleft:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Wheaties and cool thimble Jim! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread