I was not going detecting today but, received an emergency call...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An American lady in town pulled her glove off while walking and her wedding ring flew off into the snow. She just received the ring January 4th, her second ring as she lost the first one as well and they have only been married for one year. I was able to find the ring quickly, a sweet little 14K/585 white gold ring they had made at the local Goldsmith. They tried to give me some reward cash but I told them it was a pleasure to help them out. Sorry, no picture, I forgot my camera and that is all I want from helping people out, a picture of the find or maybe some new land to detect, LOL. Made my day. HH, Mike

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to you Mike. :thumbsup:

Side note: If that were my wife she would have some explaining to do. "Losing" 2 rings in a year. ::)

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats Mike!

Puts a positive face on our hobby (obsession). As far as not taking a reward ... that's kind of my attitude too but you have to be careful and there are times when you do have to accept the reward. After three refusals I generally stop the insistence by accepting the reward.

Yesterday I walked a 1/2 mile circuit with a young lady who lost a sentimental silver ring while walking her dog. I was unsuccessful at finding it and would definitely not accept a reward for just trying ... no matter how insistent she was.

HH Joe

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very, cool! Thats the kind of thing that makes this hobby and the people in it look good! And word of mouth does go along way! :icon_sunny:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thing you did Mike!

Top Member Reactions