I was told to post this over here, in hopes to get a better response.

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
At last week miners bash, there was mention of someone who was recently stopped from dredging by F&G. The story goes that he had the court order in his hand and showed it to the F&G guys but they ignored it and cited him any way.
Does anyone have the particulars on this? was his stuff taken? Where did this happen? Are we going to support him in his case?
Just looking for particulars, or even to find out if it is true. Folklore runs deep in this group.

So far not a soul has stepped up and said they know for certain this happened. But I do know we are getting ready to put in this summer on the North Fork of the Yuba, right along side of Hwy 49. If that don't get you arrested, I don't know what does. Perfectly legal claim. The question is can we work it with a dredge? No other way to mine it from what I see.

In a different line of thought, seeing as the judge sent us all back to 1996 regs, would we still not require permits? I was not dredging back then so I have no idea what the rules were. :skullflag: Maybe we need to run a black flag?

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
The moratorium just ended so all the fed agencies are Carrying on as usual.
They dont care about the details.
Its their job to cite people and cause problems, and our job to go to court and hash it out.
Ignorance and attitude over the actual law.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a moratorium in California best to stick with counties that the DA has refused to prosecute
be best to if you follow the in water work periods and BMP's.
here's the last valid dredge Reg.'s
Register 2008- Title 14
Fish and Game Commission
§ 228. Suction Dredging
View attachment title14_228.pdf

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:skullflag::laughing9::censored: their own regs hahahahahahahahahahahaha 1994 regs rule the day only as still hold the explicit rule of law as the only pre existing regs properly promulgated through CEQA and federal preemption mandated the FW new regs bs-John

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
diverrick NF Yuba dredging per 94 rules and reg 4th Saturday in May, i have claims on the NF yuba, used to dredge would like to again, safety in numbers
Sierra County Court Clerk told me she is not aware of any recent citations on dredgers here in Seirra County

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the forums had a post about a guy that got cited April 10, for dredging without permit on Honcut creek in Butte county.

He has a court date of May 29 at Butte Superior Court, I should be in Paradise that week and was thinking of sitting in to see what the judge says.

OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I found one guy who was cited on Brandon's Facebook page, don't have a name though, but could not read the ticket that was posted. It would seem that even with the court ruling, F&G is still citing as if there was still a ban in place. We're permits required in the year the court set everything back to? 94/ 96? Not sure what year the court picked to reset regs to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread