I was wondering.......

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
ugotit22 said:
taropatch said:
Piercesdad said:
....and I was just wondering? What do you plan to accomplish by doing this?

By the way if you are caught marking your dump rolls with terms such as "64" "walker" "bens" etc you will have the Bicenteniall curse sent upon by every CRHer known and unknown from across this great country.

good luck in these lean silver times

What's accomplished?
If you see your "special" mark, you don't even open the rolls. They go straight to the dump bank.

I learned to recognize other people's mark on the wrappers too. When I see those, I won't open them except to kill time and look for NIFC or 1987's.

thats a ridiculous way of searching. everyone whom CRH knows that wrappers get reused all the time. I have pulled silver out of many "marked" rolls before.
Hell ive even pulled silver out of my own "marked rolls" like a month later and like 5 towns over.
Rule of thumb. Neveerr assume there is no silver in the rolls reguardless of what the marking is,

and as far as the rolls being marked 64, walker, ben. i have done that many times b/c it gets done to me. Nice way to discourage a big hunter in your area.

Ridiculous? Well, it works perfectly for me. A Group of 10 rolls ($100) is bound by rubberbands and the ends of the marked wrappers are taped. If I encounter these marked groups they will not get searched by me. There are groups (once again bound by bands) of other hunters that I recognize as useless to me. Those I may search if I feel like it. In case you are wondering there are no free coin counting machines at my banks.

You call me ridiculous? When you mark 1964, walker, ben on rolls to play games?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And people wonder why I was tipping the jar last night?!?!

Damn did my head hurt this morning!

I think the only thing more aggrevating than this topic is an empty jar!!!

anybody want a "no still" legal recipe send me a pm

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue7: Man do we have to do this one again so soon. Can't we get back to the coins please!!!!!!!!!!! for goodness sakes!

Golden Silver

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
taropatch said:
ugotit22 said:
taropatch said:
Piercesdad said:
....and I was just wondering? What do you plan to accomplish by doing this?

By the way if you are caught marking your dump rolls with terms such as "64" "walker" "bens" etc you will have the Bicenteniall curse sent upon by every CRHer known and unknown from across this great country.

good luck in these lean silver times

What's accomplished?
If you see your "special" mark, you don't even open the rolls. They go straight to the dump bank.

I learned to recognize other people's mark on the wrappers too. When I see those, I won't open them except to kill time and look for NIFC or 1987's.

thats a ridiculous way of searching. everyone whom CRH knows that wrappers get reused all the time. I have pulled silver out of many "marked" rolls before.
Hell ive even pulled silver out of my own "marked rolls" like a month later and like 5 towns over.
Rule of thumb. Neveerr assume there is no silver in the rolls reguardless of what the marking is,

and as far as the rolls being marked 64, walker, ben. i have done that many times b/c it gets done to me. Nice way to discourage a big hunter in your area.

Ridiculous? Well, it works perfectly for me. A Group of 10 rolls ($100) is bound by rubberbands and the ends of the marked wrappers are taped. If I encounter these marked groups they will not get searched by me. There are groups (once again bound by bands) of other hunters that I recognize as useless to me. Those I may search if I feel like it. In case you are wondering there are no free coin counting machines at my banks.

You call me ridiculous? When you mark 1964, walker, ben on rolls to play games?

its all about the hunt, and if i can deter hunters in my area and piss them off hen my job is done.
prime example. I dumped some fake silver rolls in the town next to me about 2 months ago.
just last week i picked up a bag that contained over 100.00 in silver in his area. did my fake rolls prevent him from gettiong out to that bank, i dont know, but im sure as hell going to keep it up.
Its all park pf the Game as u say.
Dont hate the player Hate the game

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I have a foolproof way of marking my coins. I put em in a vice and bend em in half. Most people won't take the time to unbend them. Only problem is they don't go through the coin machines very easy.
Don't go and steal my marking method, or I'll have to bend em into quarters!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread