sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't oil. Personally, I don't like to pick up a greasyass bottle at a show, and like it even less when I turn it over while looking at it and oil runs out all over my hands. Good way to lose a sale, but that's just me. If you like it, oil away.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't oil. Personally, I don't like to pick up a greasyass bottle at a show, and like it even less when I turn it over while looking at it and oil runs out all over my hands. Good way to lose a sale, but that's just me. If you like it, oil away.

I would agree as far as selling. I use oil just for a few personal display items, and sparingly.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Bad habit to get into, if you ever go to sell them word will spread fast in the hobby not to buy from you. Longtime experienced collectors frown upon it, I personally don;t care what you do with your own bottles, just letting you know how collectors feel for the most part...

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, The bottles that I keep and have displayed, I find that any white streaks or chalking caused by the bottle going back to mother nature can be beautified with a little mineral oil, it's thinner so it doesn't lay at the bottom as thick. hope that helps ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions