Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back out there it was rough I found this little thing that was interesting play button I think and a clay marble. I think God felt sorry for me and gave me the marble lol
IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool on the marble. That would be neat to find one. I can't help you on the "what's it." It does look familiar, though.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the oyster shells, are you sure that marble isn't a pearl :laughing7: Seriously I have clay marbles come up in my holes all the time.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With all the oyster shells, are you sure that marble isn't a pearl :laughing7: Seriously I have clay marbles come up in my holes all the time.

Seriously spoiled you are then. Digging in the soils in these parts I don't get any-then maybe nobody had any of them to loose in the first place.

Well done truth on the marble and what looks like part of a stud-small little thing-shows that you're on the game getting wee things like that.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously spoiled you are then. Digging in the soils in these parts I don't get any-then maybe nobody had any of them to loose in the first place.
We used to find them in neighborhood gardens as kids. I dug a circa 1915 bottle dump where someone must have thrown a bag of them out. Got several dozen out of there. Can think of at least two that showed up while digging targets this year, including one large shooter.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats my friend , glad my "Lil Girl" could help you find something at least... "D"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well done truth on the marble and what looks like part of a stud-small little thing-shows that you're on the game getting wee things like that.

Hey pepper I’ve gotten pretty lucky with clay marbles it’s from every plug I dig I check every target and while doing that that’s more odds of me eyeballing a marble.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the marble as well...I have found lots of marbles over the years but never a clay one.

Congratulations on the find...at least you did not get skunked

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a Collar Stud. They used them to attach the old time collars to shirts. I have found a number of them at ghost towns in my area. It can be an indicator of the age of a site, and is a good find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detachable_collar

Wow CoiinHuntrt I appreciate you so much let me know that I knew it had to be something and I’m glad I put it in my top pocket and not in my trash bag. It’s people like you that I learned so much from and I appreciate you and all the members of TNet

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the marble as well...I have found lots of marbles over the years but never a clay one.

Congratulations on the find...at least you did not get skunked

Ammoman I was so close to getting skunked I mean all I had to show for all my efforts was a huge pouch of pull tabs and bent nails So while I was cleaning out my plug of all iron signals I saw it put it in my pocket and got the hell out of there lol

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow CoiinHuntrt I appreciate you so much let me know that I knew it had to be something and I’m glad I put it in my top pocket and not in my trash bag. It’s people like you that I learned so much from and I appreciate you and all the members of TNet

You're welcome my friend! The ones shown on the Wiki site are pretty fancy ones, the ones I find around here look exactly like yours. They were made of brass and were likely polished up to look nice and shiny. 1880's to 19teens timeframe I'm guessing.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth, Nice marble, Your still 99 short too be normal :laughing9:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collar stud. I found one this fall and it was one of the few better finds of that particular hunt...
BTW It took me five hours to find mine. :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 25

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread