I went here today....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't take my camera today, it was raining pretty good and figured i would be soaked through pretty good by end of hunt. The picture is from last spring. When this spot was opened last spring i hunted it a few times, when i first hunted it i immediately started finding big chunks of some pretty nice quality flint a few flakes and scrapers over a few hunts and 2 crude points and broken bit end of what would have been a sweet hematite celt, but i would get disappointed every time i went. there just hadn't been any rain hitting it enough to get things moving there so i decided to give up until today...i decided it had to have started eroding some now esp with past few days rain and sure enough it was showing flint like crazy flakes, scrapers, chunks andcores by the hundreds, lots of real sweet gem flint flakes i mean things were really showing my eyes were wore out from it...so i raced the sun trying to pull one out but it just never happened i thought i was gonna score when i first started but nope. I have dug there some and while i was digging out the big chunks of flint i wasnt digging up any flakes enough to keep me interested, and that was only in a few spots might have to dig around for a sweet spot but im digging other spots i know produce ill put this place on back burner but ill probably not get there before it grows over in a few years unless i really run out of places to dig which i dont see happening.

IMAG0046.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
a view from the opposite direction

IMAG0037.JPG

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also been searching a newly logged area. I think the sites were off the mtn though. Did find a pit I want to rope down into and check out. Some pits are worth the look. Good luck.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Tnmountains said:
I have also been searching a newly logged area. I think the sites were off the mtn though. Did find a pit I want to rope down into and check out. Some pits are worth the look. Good luck.

I have a site, actually part of the family farm, that my aunt logged three or four years ago. The clean up job was terrible, and I'm scared that site is lost forever. Make hay while the sun is shining!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread