I went to a battle reenactment site, which has some history!

Renaebri

Apr 11, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Im kind of new to the hobby, these are a few finds from a place where I thought a battle had taken place.. but it turns out they just do reenactments! I guess my part of Florida doesnt have a lot of civil war history, but the town is pretty old and there used to be a hotel on this land.

I would love to know more about these first bullets, since they dont have any markings on them and they are clearly not blanks..? So they couldnt be from the reenactments...

WM4J2XJ.jpg SzmsOmU.jpg adPdZSX.jpg
WTKm3Yv.jpg
KhEaYR7.jpg

My favorite find is this bridle rivet, it looks ancient to me but it still has a bit of leather attached!

Upvote 15

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds! Bullets all look modern to me, but the experts will tell you for sure - Stand By! :occasion14:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern bullets for sure, they don't use real ammunition at reenactments just powder charges.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool buttons, congratulations! :occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER . GOT CW AND MODERN, NICE FINDS

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'r favorite find is the rivet, I'll trade you 20 of them for the CSA button!
Nice finds.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The CSA button certainly appears to be period. Reenactment sites are challenging because modern reproductions might be mixed in with authentic stuff. Welcome aboard!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CSA button certainly appears to be period. Reenactment sites are challenging because modern reproductions might be mixed in with authentic stuff. Welcome aboard!
Really? I thought not...

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Especially here in Virginia. Many of the sites that they do reenactments on where actual battle sites or nearby.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds for sure!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
R

Renaebri

Apr 11, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the welcome and info! I dont know if they would create replicas for these, so I assume they are real but there wasn't a real battle here. Still cool! But I liked learning the history of the town, and finding a piece of original history from my town would be awesome. Got kinda obsessed with looking at old maps and stuff for a while, I once noticed this line running across town and became convinced it was the old railroad, but it was just a gas line..

ewtaylor

Mar 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome and info! I dont know if they would create replicas for these, so I assume they are real but there wasn't a real battle here. Still cool! But I liked learning the history of the town, and finding a piece of original history from my town would be awesome. Got kinda obsessed with looking at old maps and stuff for a while, I once noticed this line running across town and became convinced it was the old railroad, but it was just a gas line..

Sorry Bro, everything is modern. I reenacted years ago and everything a CW soldier carried or wore back then has been reproduce today.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Your bullets are jacketed plus they mushroomed so they were either hollowpoints or softnose,so not civil war era.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread