rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But of course they arent probably my best for the year the way its been going. Finally found some nice things. The red and black one looks to me to be a reworked tip made to a stemmed point check out the pic where it is reworked it shows some work in that section. It was a great day and sunny. Hope my next trips are this good in the future I had a blast. N GA finds, rock

Attachments

• SDC12974.JPG
    SDC12974.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • SDC12977.JPG
    SDC12977.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • SDC12983.JPG
    SDC12983.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • SDC12984.JPG
    SDC12984.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • SDC12986.JPG
    SDC12986.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • SDC12994.JPG
    SDC12994.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • SDC12988.JPG
    SDC12988.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • SDC12993.JPG
    SDC12993.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • SDC13005.JPG
    SDC13005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day Rock you deserve it... I know you pay your dues! I love the diversity of materials. All same site? Or creek finds?

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW you had a great day! Love it all and the markings on the pottery are super nice! The red and black is really nice and that material is so pretty!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , sounds like a great day of hunting that red and black point is awesome ...... looks like it’s tiger striped

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds! Bet your glad that you don't have over a foot of snow on the ground.

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds. Love the variety. Makes me want to get out there right now and search. Heading out in the morning along the Delaware river. Hoping for something. We shall see. I love how every trip, I get more and more adjusted on what to look for. I used to never even be able to find a flake. Happy you had a good day out there today.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day Rock you deserve it... I know you pay your dues! I love the diversity of materials. All same site? Or creek finds?

Its a creek the owner lets me and 2 others walk it. Her house sits above the huge gravel bar and she doesnt mind us walking it. I figured I would be 1st but I was 3rd to look I found out. She has 2 big dogs and lets them out when I am there but they are puppies at heart. So my other 2 friends found a total of 4 and then I found these. Its fun to find what others have missed he he.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds. Love the variety. Makes me want to get out there right now and search. Heading out in the morning along the Delaware river. Hoping for something. We shall see. I love how every trip, I get more and more adjusted on what to look for. I used to never even be able to find a flake. Happy you had a good day out there today.

Hope you had a killer day

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , sounds like a great day of hunting that red and black point is awesome ...... looks like it’s tiger striped

I dont find much in that color its the 1st whole point in it I have found. I think its cool how they were making it and then it broke and they just made a stem point as is. I bet there was some words when it broke while making it. Looks like it would of been a triangle until it broke. Its a Mississippian point but I forget the name of it. I have found others the same type there.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pottery is unreal!

I thought so to. I find many pieces of pottery there but dont always keep it. 1 of the other guys I know keep it so when I find it I throw it up on high ground so he can find it and keep it. I do keep the interesting patterns if I havent got it yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know on this one the type? Is it to small for a Guilford it shows archaic flaking on 1 side. Once in a while I find Guilfords but I guess it could be a knife.

Attachments

• SDC12993.JPG
    SDC12993.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread