I wish I was a Coinstar technician

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Today I took a bag of coins to the coinstar machine to get an ecertificate with. Before I put the coins in the perforated tray I looked into the bottom of it where it catches small things that fall through the holes. I saw a diamond ear ring stud - looked to be about a quarter karat. I also saw a spent bullet casing - maybe .38 or larger, a pill and some other stuff. I have seen small silver and gold ear rings on many other occassions.

Oh, and another thing, I tend to go on weekends and lately, about 75% of the time, when I am done and am waiting for my Amazon ecertificate, it will say there was a technical problem and I will get cash with NO fee. Wahoooooo.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
If you find stuff like that so often, from now on whenever you go there, bring a pen with some adhesive on the end of it.

That stuff is usually light enough that a pen with adhesive on the end is able to pick it up.

But, just for reference, a couple of times I've found what looks to be diamond in a coin counter and it turned out to be CZ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread