Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Homeless can hit any one and not necessary people with drug addiction or mental illness.

Some times its poor life or financial choices and other times its just bad luck. regardless of their race age social economic back ground. One thing I see in common is they have all given up on life.

I view these clips with sadness and pity and most of all as a reminder, how easy it is in life to become the obsolete, the forgotten living dead.

For me these clips makes me appreciate what have and reminds me of the frailty of life. I know every one here knows some one who has crashed and burned in life. Its painful reminder to see where one could end up when they stop trying.

I tell people I am the king of failure. I fail 99 times out of hundred. Been destitute, made money lost money. Some how from every one of life's failures to now in this point in time? I am some how on top.

Even now with no reason to get out bed as earning money as I do zip nada, nothing. The urge to push on to better myself is still always there. The proverbial treasure hunter with never really leave you amigo.

I tried to help people better their situation in life. Yet you can lead a horse to water you cannot that them drink. They have want to change from the situation they are in. Many see it all to hard to make life changes and just give up.

Crow

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried to help people better their situation in life. Yet you can lead a horse to water you cannot that them drink. They have want to change from the situation they are in. Many see it all to hard to make life changes and just give up.

Well said Sir Crow. Also, often when they give up it's due to so many past attempts and failures. Sometimes it takes a lot of tries just to get one right.

You speak of 99 failures to one success...reminds me of a horse I had when I was about 16. Every time I'd go to clean out his hooves, he'd lean down and try to bite me in the arse. Every time he'd try he'd get a bop on the nose (not hard, mind you), BUT, if that 100th time he'd grab my butt cheek, to him it was worth it.

He never bit hard, but when he did get me he always had this happy look of satisfaction on his face. He wasn't mean...just a putz. :laughing7:

If you look at the live cam in the OP, the street has been cleaned up, and apparently only one remaining resident.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God help us all if its a bad winter. Those migrant tents in NY just won't do the job.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Feel Bad for the "Americans" in America !
I Have no Pity Left for interlopers any where in the World !

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people from communist nations expect free stuff. Lots of it.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

After living in many countries of several different ideological political persuasions. Wanting stuff for free is not as simple as people are lead to believe.

The desire to obtain stuff for free? Its not an ideal created from any political persuasion as so many believe.. It human trait going back to evolution going back to hunters and gathers and beyond into the earliest beginnings of man.

.You can see if with sea gulls feeding off tourists fries at the beach. Or ibis savage through garbage bins or even other animals for that matter as an example? A free easy meal in the game of survival was never looked down upon amigos.

Those species who was ate anything and was an opportunist survived better than those who was too selective in their feeding habit perished.

The film of people squabbling over food is no different than sea gulls fighting and squabbling over a fries. In the game of survival it is dog eat dog world. The meek shall starve and the strong shall thrive in the survival of the fittest.

What you see there is the ancient traits of humanity evolved from. And sobering reminder that even in the most wealthy, proud, conservative and empathetic person, have these traits regardless it we want to admit it or not? These traits linger still inside all of as they are survival mechanism. .

That said I want to wish you all a happy christmas. Its the ones who stay by you in your successes and failures in the game of life that are the most precious gift of all. Appreciate what little things you have? Eat drink and be merry for each christmas is an achievement and mile stone in the great journey of life. That you have survived the game of life for another year and are still around to play for another year.

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last Minute Christmas Shopper ... Kensington, PA​

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to Invent indoor Heating in a Tent ?

Urban Campfire Inside Tent FAIL 😐 ..​

I wonder if it was a Woodfire !

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
we were in Seattle last year and seen a lot of homeless.

Like others said they are everywhere, it seems the west coast states have more than most, to me.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Snow has Started Now.