Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He probably wonders the same thing, and is why he'd like to talk to the Aruban authorities and get charged and sentenced there. Of course that is very unlikely to happen because the case to rock solid in Peru.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my understanding Death would be an Improvement
over the prison he's in.

I say give him Life.

At least till he starts Fitting in & Takes over.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
over the prison he's in.

I say give him Life.

No life sentence in Peru. (max 35 years and considering he is talking they might take some off that)

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
over the prison he's in.

I say give him Life.

No life sentence in Peru. (max 35 years and considering he is talking they might take some off that)
Think about it : This guy has a very bad track record and has admitted to murdering the beautiful young daughter of a Peruvian national hero .
His rich Daddy is dead and there is no treaty in place between the Dutch and the Peruvians .
Mommy can't throw enough money at the situation to save him .
I just hope that his demise in prison is long and uncomfortable enough for him to have time to contemplate the sins that have brought him to this point .

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw on Fox last night where in Peru if you are committing a robbery and murder someone you can get 35 to life. He did take her money and car keys and I think that is how the case is being filed in Peru. Monty

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I saw on Fox last night where in Peru if you are committing a robbery and murder someone you can get 35 to life. He did take her money and car keys and I think that is how the case is being filed in Peru. Monty

That would seem odd the robbery would increase the sentence when the murder is the more serious change and carries a max penalty of 35 years. The associated press says...

"If convicted on the murder and robbery charges, Van der Sloot would be sentenced to between 15 and 35 years in prison, court spokesman Luis Gallardo told the Associated Press."

http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/StoryAP/06-12-2010-BRIEFS

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if there prison system is anything like ours, I doubt he will serve full time no matter what it is. I bet someone will get to him in prison just to boost their pecking order. :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
have they had any luck tying him to Natilies murder for sure yet? I for one would love for that mom to get some closure.

also is there not another girl who they think he may have killed?

First question... LONG srtory.

Second question... Haven't heard of anyone else but when you're talking about a psychopath it seems fairly likely.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he supposedly is saying he did kill Natilie & Wants to talk.

on one news reports they mentioned
the possibility that Joran is a serial killer.
and there may be more bodies

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
He's running scared and has asked for a cell by himself. Right now he's in a cell with another murderer that doesn't like him and threats have been exchanged. Poor little mama's boy.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he deserves his own Room

Well%20at%20Sanyang.jpg

He can sleep standing up
And he can stand in his own Waste
till it reaches his nose

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The media seems to intimate that the Peruvian prison's purpose is to punish not to rehabilitate like ours. I doubt if the Peruvian government will spend a whole lot of money to make the maggot comfortable. I also heard that report of the max 35 year term limit, but one of the guest lawyers on Fox news reported that the robbery as well as the murder was good for a life term. I recall at first they were just talking about a single crime of murder. Our state law usually has about a 15 to 30 year penalty for robbery, but robbery with firearms carries a possible life, and if someone is killed during the robbery it may even carry the death penalty. So, mitigating circumstances always adds a substantial penalty. Just what this means in Peru I suppose will probably come out for sure once he is bound for trial? Monty

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Does anybody remember the good ol' days when a group of a couple hundred pissed off citizens would kick the door to the jail down & drag that worthless bastid into the street & string him up to the nearest lightpole? They'd beat his lifeless body with sticks & rocks until his own mother would not recognize him............I miss the good ol' days.

S

stefen

spartacus53 said:
Well if there prison system is anything like ours, I doubt he will serve full time no matter what it is. I bet someone will get to him in prison just to boost their pecking order. :icon_thumleft:

There's always somebody behind in the prison pecking order :read2:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
stefen said:
spartacus53 said:

There's always somebody behind in the prison pecking order :read2:

You mean theres always SOMEBODY'S BEHIND in the prison pecking order...........you forgot the "S" Stefen. :laughing7:

S

stefen

I left you an opening

Attachments

• CalvinsFaces.gif
    CalvinsFaces.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 65
  • CalvinsFaces.gif
    CalvinsFaces.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 70

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread