I would like to hear from Snipers

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I would like to hear from people who snipe for gold, preferably underwater about equipment , findings, stories. I got a wet suit at the thrift store and am looking for another one in XL to go over my large to keep me warm. But thats all I have, still need foot and face protection and mask before I try it. I am thinking of a weight belt also. Im just very curious about it after I read an article abou sniping during winter in alaska.

Upvote 0
J

joe of p-ville

Hello Robbor, Snipng is a very inexpensive way of finding gold. It is being able to go places where a dredge ussually can't. Basic tools are maybe a prybar , screwdriver, a hand fan that you can make and maybe a sucker tube. You look for shallow bedrock that has cracks under water that basically you can fan the overburden out. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not. A great book on it is "Sniping for Gold" by Sam Radding. He does this in the Summer when the water is low, averaging about 3 to 4 penneyweights a day. You can find this book in almost any mining store. I don't recommend putting a extra large suit over a large , you may never get out of it! Good luck. Joe

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
robbor, instead of wetsuits in which you will be cold with one or three on get you a dry suit. you can wear longjohns under it, will stay completely dry, and most likely too hot....i used to water ski in one all winter, even when snow was on the ground...i would be sweating when i was done.......gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread