I would like your opinions

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Life has been good so far. Of course it has had it's ups and downs and everything else in between.
As you know I am "Drywall Dave" here on tnet. Heck on one radio station I am also known as Drywall Dave to the D.J.'s that work there.That's because that is my business, I am a drywall contractor, which I have had for over 15 years here in Central Oregon. Matter of fact all over Oregon. But now I am trying to start something new ! Being a business owner is not new to me, and I have found out that the best way to build a business is ask the experts, and that's y'all. We have mounds of information out in the world about our hobby, and I would like to start carrying some of the better books pertaining to our hobby and selling them. On the dealers page I have some books written by Dave McCracken and Sam Redding that I think are great, but I know there has to be more out there ! That is where I am asking for your ideas and opinions. Building trust is a hard thing to do, but I feel that I have built mine up here in Oregon and I am now trusting y'all with your opinions. :thumbsup:
Thanks
"Drywall Dave"

Heck if ya mention this and want a book I'll give ya 10% off

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave ....... I just recently purchased an XLT and am looking for books for advanced settings for it , ...... do you have anything like that ?

Mac

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Mac;
I found one that that is "XLT Field methods and custom" if that is what you are looking for. That's what I have found as of now..
Thanks for the response.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would recommend books by Charles Garrett, Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi, W. C. Jameson, and Michael Paul Henson. Those are just the ones on the top of my head. Also may want to stock the current copy of the Red Book. Hope it helps. :icon_study: :icon_study:

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
RON (PA) said:
I would recommend books by Charles Garrett, Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi, W. C. Jameson, and Michael Paul Henson. Those are just the ones on the top of my head. Also may want to stock the current copy of the Red Book. Hope it helps. :icon_study: :icon_study:
Yes it does, Thank you

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Dave,

You might consider looking into some of the books on Spanish Trails and history,
as well as KGC history.
And treasure hunting in those areas as well.
Any books that will help a hunter deal with signs and symbols is good.
They are hard to find but will certainly add to your clientele.
Include something in Deep sea hunting and Shallow Water recovery,

These are things that will appeal to a large number of the members of this site.
MDing is only a part of the over all picture.

Just a suggestion.

Thom

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The library if full of info too..... :lurk:

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
RON (PA) said:
Thank you, it does help. I will have some on the next shipment I get.

OP
OP
drywalldave

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Old Dog said:
Dave,

You might consider looking into some of the books on Spanish Trails and history,
as well as KGC history.
And treasure hunting in those areas as well.
Any books that will help a hunter deal with signs and symbols is good.
They are hard to find but will certainly add to your clientele.
Include something in Deep sea hunting and Shallow Water recovery,

These are things that will appeal to a large number of the members of this site.
MDing is only a part of the over all picture.

Just a suggestion.

Thom
Great idea's I will look for some

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread