iCar - iHub

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just read that Apple is in talks with Volkswagon to build the "iCar". No details were available.

I would like to offer my thoughts on the future of transportation. IMHO - This is an idea who's time has come.

A few facts...

• No one likes to stand out in the rain, or heat, or snow to catch a bus!
• We ALL prefer to travel from comfort zone to comfort zone.
• Our cars ARE a comfort zone!
• More people would take mass transit if it was cleaner, safer, and more convenient!

The iCar should start in ONE major city... Seattle comes to mind. The iHub parking garage should be the heart of this new transportation system. (Only iCars can park there) iCars should be small, (so more cars can park in the iHub) hybrid (or electric). There should be little or no fumes in the garage.

If you buy an iCar, you get to park in the iHub for FREE.

The iHub is more than a parking garage. iHubs are located at MAJOR interchanges... where the cars ARE! You can easily exit into the iHub. In the iHub, you will find most amenities... Starbucks, Hair dressers, fuel, (or charging) Internet access, car washes, etc. From the iHub, you can catch various forms of transportation... buses, monorails, taxis, limousines, even a helicopter on the helipad... the monorails and buses, service the malls, and larger places of employment. They do not clog up the neighborhood streets!

Apple, Volkswagon (actually I wish it was GM) and maybe even Starbucks, should work closely with CITY PLANNERS, to offer this new, iHub transportation system. We don't need a new car, we need a new, integrated, transportation system.

I hope by tossing this out there, someone will notice! Feel free to pass this idea along... leaving my name and email address on it please... you can pass this along by clicking on "SEND THIS TOPIC" above.

Parking garages should be the center of transportation "hubs" and there should be amenities there to give people reasons TO PARK their cars! WHAT A CONCEPT!

Marc Austin
[email protected]

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Marc.. I drive a gas guzzling V-10 (488cu/8 liter) heavy duty pickup truck... I already park for free... anyplace in Montana. All the places I detect, hunt, and/or play would swallow an iCar in a second.

I think the iCar is an idea best suited for city dwellers... and it would prolly be a huge hit with many.

You should build the first iHub and see what happens... would the iCars get their own driving lane too - like car poolers?

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Marc.. I drive a gas guzzling V-10 (488cu/8 liter) heavy duty pickup truck... I already park for free... anyplace in Montana. All the places I detect, hunt, and/or play would swallow an iCar in a second.

I think the iCar is an idea best suited for city dwellers... and it would prolly be a huge hit with many.

You should build the first iHub and see what happens... would the iCars get their own driving lane too - like car poolers?

Not sure about the car pool lane... maybe not a bad idea... I CERTAINLY don't see iHubs in Montana!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread