ICE COLD GOLD Season 2

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else watching this show on Animal Planet Thursdays at 10:00pm?

Very interesting show with lots of scenery and adventure as well as the usual dose of personal conflict between the miners.
I'm liking it in spite of the typical reality show formula.

GG~

Upvote 0

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I hate how these so called reality shows play up the drama so much...its sad. Its to the point all of them seem so fake I can't give any of them credit even if it were due. Appearantly the producers figure just filming a bunch of real miners wouldn't attract enough viewers.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the new show was interesting. Red zone camp needs food, so pony-tail loads up and heads out into the foggy unknown without a GPS. Only his wits, (:laughing7:) and a film crew. "Luckily" he stumbles right into camp, claiming to have spent a night on the trail, which the film crew must have missed. I think it was 5 miles....left in the morning, and got there the next day.

Finally after days with blinders on, the miners look a couple hundred feet from where they are sampling, and there are the monster rubies. And then an obviously staged "accident" where the boss grabs the small jack hammer to help remove a ruby worth perhaps $500,000 and he breaks it with his first blow. Whaaaat???????

The mystery boat....gone....not mentioned this episode.

I'm also curious about their weapons.....where are the guns? The red team is starving, and there seems to be Caribou in the background of every shot. I would think when you are mining something as valuable as they say these rubies are, personal protection in the form of a rifle would be mandatory.

But, with all my whining being said, I'm still watching the show, and will continue to do so.:tongue3:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the new show was interesting. Red zone camp needs food, so pony-tail loads up and heads out into the foggy unknown without a GPS. Only his wits, (:laughing7:) and a film crew. "Luckily" he stumbles right into camp, claiming to have spent a night on the trail, which the film crew must have missed. I think it was 5 miles....left in the morning, and got there the next day.

Finally after days with blinders on, the miners look a couple hundred feet from where they are sampling, and there are the monster rubies. And then an obviously staged "accident" where the boss grabs the small jack hammer to help remove a ruby worth perhaps $500,000 and he breaks it with his first blow. Whaaaat???????

The mystery boat....gone....not mentioned this episode.

I'm also curious about their weapons.....where are the guns? The red team is starving, and there seems to be Caribou in the background of every shot. I would think when you are mining something as valuable as they say these rubies are, personal protection in the form of a rifle would be mandatory.

But, with all my whining being said, I'm still watching the show, and will continue to do so.:tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they have sharp shooters in the Backround.
can't show them on TV it would cause the wrong type of Drama.

What's this with them wanting to get rid of another Member ?

Greed setting in ? The less crew the More per split ?

Or turning it into big brother :(

next thing ya know they will have to have a Tribal Council every other week
rolleyes.gif

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tribal council - LOL good one Jeff!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That guy John would be on the next boat to anywhere. Why would you go to the ends of the earth and put up with an attitude like that?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tried to watch the show tonight, but there was so much
BS drama that I gave up and turned it off. Playing solitaire
was much more enjoyable than listening to grown men whining
about everything under the sun.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, a geologist puts rocks with rubies in a rock crusher. Are you serious? Any moron could tell you this isn't a good idea. Such a comedy of errors. Looking more like the Hoffman fiasco every week. Dennis

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a geologist puts rocks with rubies in a rock crusher. Are you serious? Any moron could tell you this isn't a good idea. Such a comedy of errors. Looking more like the Hoffman fiasco every week. Dennis

I thought of Todd Hoffman the moment they found out they were on the wrong claim :laughing7:
no matter, I'm about to give up on the show with all their Drama over that John Guy.

if they are going to continue to Whittle down the original crew out of jealousy , greed,
personalities or whatever I'm done with them. I don't watch survivor because of the Politics & Voting members off, I won't watch 2 1/2 men because they got rid of the Charlie Character,
or any other show where they get rid of members whether the show is considered Reality or
pretend. I hate personal drama brought into what I try to enjoy on TV

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because you're paid to talk about him on camera like that.

Exactly ! it's getting Obvious this is either Scripted to look like he's in the way,

Or he wants to retire from the show but they have to make Drama out of it before they let him
out of his contract.

Either way, I'm calling BS & probably my last season of watching this show

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoyed this show last year but its been a drama fest and a lot of staged crap this year....yawn. What else would you expect from discovery tho.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This show must have the same writers as those that write the scripts for the HOFFMANS. How in the hell can 7 so call prospectors/miners not know where their claim is located, furthermore why was the cords not double and triple checked. This show like all the others is a joke. You have staff writers, camera crews, etc. and not to mention the producers who are placing hundreds if not millions of dollars into this show and you would think someone in the bunch has a brain and can use it. How hard is it to look at a GPS, maps, etc. and give the helo pilot the correct cords. Do you really think the locals are going to tell them where to search for gold, furthermore can they just go wherever and search for gold without permission or claims in a foreign country. The idiot with the rock crusher is even worse...

This show stinks!!!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah they lost me when they broke that supposed 500 carat ruby.
Me too but for another reason: in the mineral specimen field, reassembly of a specimen is a normal part of the process so the drama about losing all the value by breaking it was just noise (no signal, just noise).

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
hahaha,a good friend of mine called me all the way from Colorado laughing about the idiot who put the rubies in a rockcrusher! i laughed also about it. BUT i still say that was tod and his dad out in that boat in the bay watching them! no kidding! that boat tipped to one side when Tod walked to get another sandwich!!!Nothing like carring a big dredge 1/2 mile across a boulder feild to their claim.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha,a good friend of mine called me all the way from Colorado laughing about the idiot who put the rubies in a rockcrusher! i laughed also about it. BUT i still say that was tod and his dad out in that boat in the bay watching them! no kidding! that boat tipped to one side when Tod walked to get another sandwich!!!Nothing like carring a big dredge 1/2 mile across a boulder feild to their claim.

Blame it on the Chopper Pilot :tongue3:

Hey ! Get back here with that Chopper & put it where we told you ! :laughing7:

What ? I didn't give you the wrong Coordinates , maybe you need to clean your ears :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread