Ice Fishing in Iowa

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Well not really,but it wont belong before these ol Iowa boys will be doing just that. A few pictures on why this ice storm was so hard to take. Thanks for looking and for you folks down south enjoy your warm weather for this ol Iowa boy The second picture is my backyard and if you look you can see the cable TV wire almost on the ground. Still have cable so they will fix the wire as soon as the ice melts off that pine tree.
Van

Attachments

• HSPICTURES 237-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 237-Changed.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 321
  • HSPICTURES 235-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 235-Changed.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 330
  • HSPICTURES 233-Changed.jpg
    HSPICTURES 233-Changed.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 319
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
narragansett said:
Ice does more damage than snow every day of the week.
That's for sure Narragansett. I can take the snow but the weight of that ice on the trees and etc, can make for some really big problems.Looks like a tornado went thru here.
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks rough Van, we just missed all the 'ice storm' that passed over OK & MO.

Fossis................

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
That looks rough Van, we just missed all the 'ice storm' that passed over OK & MO.

Fossis................
I'm glad it missed you guys Fossis,from what I hear on TV,lots of Ok got it bad.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
justgeese said:
Just think Ed ...you are missing out on the "global warming" ;D
Don
Were not having any trouble keeping the beverages cold Don. As for global warming,I guess I am missing out on it.Lots of geese around here the last week or so,some snows. I would think they would beat it out of here
Ed

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Van, you sucked me in on that one. Just posted to your other thread and I'm wondering why you went ice fishing with all that ice around! ;)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Naughty Man Frosty Elf said:
Van, you sucked me in on that one. Just posted to your other thread and I'm wondering why you went ice fishing with all that ice around! ;)
In Iowa the only sport left after Football and Bball is ice fishing,other wise us ol Iowa boys will go stir crazy. We do have lots of ice now so probably wont have to go fish for any now lol Ice on the trees that is, not enough on the lakes!
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread