Ice Skating, Ice Fishing & Metal Detecting……..

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Ice Skating, Ice Fishing & Metal Detecting……..

All in one it seemed this past Saturday. LI Tom and I headed towards the Bronx in search of a little silver and the conditions were less than ideal. I found myself doing some funky acrobatics while trying to stay on my feet as opposed to my back. The coils were gliding nice and smooth over the layer of ice that had formed. And to cut a plug, I found myself cutting out a circle of ice before proceeding to dig. Reminded me of what ice fishing could be like. Things got off to an early start with a small silver ring for me and then a Rosie that was a bit on the deeper side for this park. LI TOM had suffered a silver drought but I was confident in his talent with the M6 and the location we were in. I wanted Tom to believe in this cold and frozen place I had dragged him to and asked him to “Have faith Tom!”. Tom came through with a nice merc. Recovering targets was a huge chore and we could’ve done better on a better day………….but we were both happy campers with those little silver rewards for our effort. Once again Tom, good times and a good hunt. Photos enclosed as usual.

Attachments

• Tom.JPG
    Tom.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 878
  • Ricardo.JPG
    Ricardo.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 880
  • TomMerc.JPG
    TomMerc.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 877
  • RicardoRosie.JPG
    RicardoRosie.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ice Skating, Ice Fishing & Metal Detecting……..

You know, I'm so glad I got to meet and hunt with you two! I know now that I'm not the only crazy guy in NY with a metal detector digging in all kinds of weather :D No one can ever accuse us of ever giving up :)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ricardo_NY1 said:
Mike95inNJ said:
Nice digs you guys. Snow won't stop me either. Nice rewards. Ricardo that looks like the shovel I recently bought on ebay. How are you carrying it? I just put some hooks on one of my belts to lay the shovel across and carry it. Is yours in a back pack?
WTG, Mike

It's the smallest of the ground sharks Mike. Picked it up on Ebay for like $46. I carry it in my backpack for now. I'll come up with a better way later. I keep it around incase a real deep one comes up, incase I have to crack through ice or incase I have to swing it at someone. Multi pupose tool and I like it.

Congrats on the silver guy's ! .I lived in Manhattan for about a year back in the early 70's.(I now live upstate) I worked at a deli/restaurant called Deli heaven about a block from the world trade centers.We had an old Spanish lady that did all the cooking.I think that's why they called it heaven ! ;) I used to detect central park,but at the time i was more into the whole wine women and song thing so I didn't find a whole lot ! :D Well now I got's to go eat something as y'all made me hungry ! have a good one ! ;D

oop's forgot ,reason for the Quote was to say that all I ever used to dig was a 12 inch hunting knife.Never had a problem. ;D

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LI Tom said:
Hey Ron and Ann,I just bought a water machine and I will be hitting both Jones Beach(the finest public beach in the world) and Lake Ronkonkoma when the warmth returns.I will definetly have a slice and dedicate to you,New York pizza is the best anywhere! HH

Wait til the "warmth returns"??? Tom, Tom, Tom... Bring something (very) warm to wear and meet me at JB this Saturday :) We'll get a couple of slices after :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread