Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Been out a few times this week, Sunday and today (Weds). Had a good time Sunday with Scott, Ice was everywhere and tuff to work around but both of us did well. Was able to hit a rocky area about chest deep that held many good targets and came home with a couple gold. Water testing Dews little 8oo it was Hot! .. Water is still cold at 32 but air temps are up around 50 so it's not to bad.

Then Todays Hunt with MikeG, Had a real good time. Had to water test DocBevs Machine, Bam she scored me a 10k ring. Interesting day, Mike dug a big coin spill, I pushed around large chunks of ice trying to hit the rocky area, and I tried out Yoopers suggestion of using one as a sifter platform...Took a spill after stepping into one of my own holes, and then flopping around like a fish. 3 plus hours, cramps in both my legs..But both of us got Gold...

The Booty and Icebergs

OBN0358 (2).jpg OBN0357.jpg
OBN0359 (2).jpg Iceburgs
OBN0359 (3).jpg OBN0362.jpg
OBN0380.jpg

Upvote 13

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wonderful couple days by any standards! Love those spill scoops! Always a delight!

WTG!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your little sifter skiff... tis perfect.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! That's a nice assortment there! Gold, gold, gold! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job OBN! Glad she's still sniffing out the gold and I really appreciate you taking the time to give her a check up! Now send her home so I can get some too! Maybe she's ready to hit a streak! I need it! No yellow yet this year :(

Been out a few times this week, Sunday and today (Weds). Had a good time Sunday with Scott, Ice was everywhere and tuff to work around but both of us did well. Was able to hit a rocky area about chest deep that held many good targets and came home with a couple gold. Water testing Dews little 8oo it was Hot! .. Water is still cold at 32 but air temps are up around 50 so it's not to bad.

Then Todays Hunt with MikeG, Had a real good time. Had to water test DocBevs Machine, Bam she scored me a 10k ring. Interesting day, Mike dug a big coin spill, I pushed around large chunks of ice trying to hit the rocky area, and I tried out Yoopers suggestion of using one as a sifter platform...Took a spill after stepping into one of my own holes, and then flopping around like a fish. 3 plus hours, cramps in both my legs..But both of us got Gold...

The Booty and Icebergs

View attachment 1129929 View attachment 1129932
View attachment 1129931 Iceburgs
View attachment 1129930 View attachment 1129933
View attachment 1129934

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done OBN. Congrats on all of the nice finds.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds, Joe! You are making us drool here! Hey do you have a video or a link of how to make those sifter rafts?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the photo's of goodies Joe.:notworthy:

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Many Thanks Guys, here is a short video of one of the targets and my Floundering fall. Near the end of the hunt did not help, fairly beat....then cramps in the calf's did not help

Last edited:

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds OBN, congrats on the gold, I'm still looking for a nice gold with the channel set ice way to go:thumbsup:

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks TD NY Good Luck!! And I fully understand..I was out at another beach today for 20 minutes, just to much ice to be safe. None were to big but were deep big

OBN0388.jpg

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that gold ! Congrats