Id almost trade

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
I'd almost trade

After a lot of research I found a site which was a resort area in the middle of the last century. This was confirmed by an old fella who I ran into while detecting there the last time. He pointed to the most likely good spots but all I came up with then was a little clad and a lot of trash. Well, I've been wanting to find my first Merc with my SE. I mean really, really wanting, so I figure, what the hey, I know it's an old area and there's gotta be something there so I head out. I start swinging and after a while I hear another nice quarter song, and figuring another clad, I dig. And dig some more. About 9" down I'm thinking this is gonna wind up being another large piece of soda can again but when I look into the hole I see it! A disk the size of a quarter and sure enough, YES!! it's SILVER!! 1944!! No mint mark. My normal reaction to a great find is not a Happy Dance. I normally just fall back on my butt and stare at it. I thought to myself, "Why couldn't this be a Merc?" I quickly came to my senses. I would never trade this coin for a silver dime.

Maybe 2 Mercs though.

Attachments

• 1944QUARTER2.JPG
    1944QUARTER2.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

FITZ

Oct 20, 2007
nassay county, long island
Detector(s) used
garrett gti 2500
Re: I'd almost trade

BEAUTIFUL SILVER YOU GOT THERE... IF YOU FOUND ONE, THERES PROBABLY ANOTHER SOMEWHERE THERE KEEP LOOKING AND YOU LL FIND IT.. CONGRATS ON THE QUARTER.. HH

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: I'd almost trade

beautifull silver! Sounds like the minelab metal detectors are really worth the money! :thumbsup: Can't wait until i get mine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread