ID bottle help please

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Can ya get a us a picture? It would help alot. REX has a Bitters bottle, amber square 1890's or so. Let us know a bit more about it and we shall try to narrow it down for ya :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
D

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
I will try and get a pic but not too good at it. I will tell you it is just clear glass with no markings anywhere except for the REX on the bottom. The R is written funny with a big looping back on the R. Sorry I have so little to say about it but there just isn't much. The bottle is about five inches tall, two and a half inches wide.
Thanks,
Jake

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
It's just the bottle makers mark, not the company that used the bottle, they made medicine and food bottles mainly

REX (in cursive script)............Obear Nester Glass Company, East St.Louis, IL (1894-19??) Mark used from 1896 to ??. Trademark seen on base of clear prescription bottles

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's another onliners response to a similar question:
"I am not sure of the exact date the East St. Louis factory closed but Obear Nester Glass Company was sold to Indian Head in 1967. Indian Head was subsequently sold to Thyssen-Borrnemisza in 1975."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread