ID help for buzzgator

Flint-seeker

Oct 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Can you folks please help ID this point for buzzgator? Any help is appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thank you,

Shane

Upvote 0

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Thank you again Shane, I really appreciate it.

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one looks to me like a stone tool.
Maybe a hand chopper or a knife.
Definitley altered by man.
The second one is iffie. JMHO

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Buzz!! and Au!! i think this very pretty artifact in first photo is a crescent knife not a point. Terry

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
The first piece is a knife, the second piece looks like some sort of chopper. Both are good looking pieces.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Sorry pics rnt the best. 1st piece darker 1 worked all around both sides. Think its a knife didnt want to say crescent but it has that shape. 2nd piece worked all around but only on 1 side uniface? Not sure if thats the rite term. It also has a hump in center of worked side reminds me of a turtle heard that on here before. I cant post picks from phone and hate bothering AU all the time. i have a few more pics i would like to share

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Buzz!! do not be afraid to state what you think, you may be wrong, but when somebody hints or comes out and says you are wrong, you will learn something, get mad or upset and show it on the net and they will quiet responding to you, i think your # 2 photo is a knife or blade, i think they mean the same, and use them that way. your using uniface correctly is what let me respond to #2 photo. if when you start posting on your on if you would show both sides of the artifact, and include an american coin or ruller, i do not know what most people like but i like the coin, your choice eather way please incloud one of them for size refference.. these two things will help anyone to name your artifacts.. Terry

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thanks Terry, the crescent shaped piece is 4 inchs exactly the other is 2n3/8 inchs. i want to thank everyone that has replied and your opinions r greatly appreciated. i would also like to throw out a invitation to ne one in my area or ne one that wants to travel to semo to come down and hunt creeks with me. Gary L

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Looks a little like a Munker's Creek knife. Where was it found? Any other points with it for context?

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Twitch i found an etley that was posted last week on the same gravel bar most of my finds have come from the same 2 mile stretch of creek.
Thanks for lookin

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Terry semo is south east missouri. I have just recently moved to Marble hill Mo from Charleston SC.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Twitch, i looked up the Munkers creek knife and am pretty sure u r spot on with ur Id thank you very much.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
ok so you may have proved me wrong. where did you find your references, so maybe i am not cought as much. thank you.. Terry

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would call it a crude cresent knife.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Terry I just googled it and one of the links has a couple of pics and a description that was very close but there r also crescents that r very close as well. Im not really sure but I want it to be the Munkers lol. Again thanks to all who replied.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread