Idea For The PERFECT Beach Machine!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there I am, laying in my beach lounger and I'm completely surrounded by a dozen or more drink delivering and fan waving thong wearing beach babes. My miniature programmable and completely submersible ATV with built in recovery tools has been scanning the decided beach area and off shore sand bars all morning long. When it returns to me a couple of the thong wearing babes hand it to me and I open the unit's cache door and out spills this bucket sized wad of gold and silver jewelry. I hand each of the fine looking babes a shiny new piece of bling as I'm taking down their phone numbers and arranging our over night dates, then I leave the beach despite their never ending protest and fun loving begs that I stay.

Ok, so this is my idea of the next great metal detecting product. When someone creates it please let me know because I'll take two of them. Noway would I be without a backup! :thumbsup: :headbang:

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Design so far: Pleasure Way makes RV type van $75,000 to $100,000 Range, really nice but somewhat overpriced. Beach bunnies optional ($25,000 doesn't go very far with with High Maintenance Low Mileage Pit Woffies <HMLMPW>)-- However, if you are pulling up real trinkets of value, they will appear like magic.

Belden makes different varieties of rotor cable, usually white/black 110v ac power (#14 or #16) and multiple 3,5,7 etc. color coded signal lines (#22 range) in plastic jacket; getting harder to find without special order but available. From the ROV the line could be inclosed in something like air hose or heavy duty water hose. Additionally, you could include coax for TV or Sonar signal return. Main function though, would be to supply compressed air to unit for pressurization and possible propulsion power using air motors (surplus units are available for $25 to $50 range). Otherwise, stepper motors would be used to propell the unit using tractor bands crawling along bottom. Working on problem of CHEAP packing units for drive shafts at present, two approaches look promising: 1) plastic tube (drilled hole cap ends) with grease/Vaseline filled packing material surrounding shaft; 2) multiple lubricated pressure seals, somewhat like automatic transmission seals.
:BangHead:
The search unit could be a moving coil with integral fan suction unit (note all plastic/nylon to prevent interference) to vac. up any detected item into screening bucket. Considering array of smaller coils in pattern to electronically scan wider area (6 to 15 ft at a time), but you would still have to position pickup device without physically moving the tractor device. Simple problem to solve, could be accomplished by slide bar mechanism mounted behind coils; but makes unit more complex to setup and operate. Of course, you want GPS tracking from surface buoy/antenna to make sure you completely detect the area out to the operational limits of the unit (250 Ft from shoreline / 50 ft depth or so).

See, the fun part of this, is that the unit can operate 24/7 in all types of weather without arousing suspicion.

Start taking applications for HMLMPW, :wav:
Going to get something working even if I have to canibalize metal detector and build manual control unit :director2: -- possibilities are endless.

Comments? :blob8:

S

stefen

If I was on the beach amist a covy of thong-wearing fan wavers, the last thing on my mind would be a metal detector...I'd be pitchin a tent right there :laughing7:

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
If I was on the beach amist a covy of thong-wearing fan wavers, the last thing on my mind would be a metal detector...I'd be pitchin a tent right there :laughing7:
Pitchin a tent!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions