Ideas On What These Are? Found 7/4

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I took a walk to a cemetery which slopes downward toward a creek. There are large piles of dirt with lots of small and various rocks heaped up on the lower end of the property. I assume that these came from dug grave holes, not totally sure, but if so...many these rocks were once quite deep. The soil is really irony and sandy too. But I don't know if they were from this area or not, but it's likely. Anyway, I found both of these in one of the piles. One looks to me like petrified wood. The other...I have no idea. Any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    732 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 85

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The first one definitely looks like a tooth. It may not be a perfect match, but it matches a tooth that Perico posted a few months ago called a glyptodont. The other resembles possibly the bottom portion of a deer antler.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking a tooth too, but from what...I have no idea. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread