Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2005
Sandy Hook area - New Jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab excaliber 1000; fisher cz-20; minelab Explorer SE pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fellow members,
I am new to TreasureNet, and I have hunted many years using White's machines....had quit hunting for many years and decided that since I just retired, that this would be a good time to take it back up again...Just bought a Fisher CZ-20.....

My first day that I used it one of the Sea Bright, NJ beaches, where I decided to try and practice with the machine just on the low tide surf area..... I had only found 2 quarters, 2 dimes, and tree pennies, and an assortment of junk....when I finally got what I came for....well, sort of, It is not the value of the silver and gold ring, but the reason I purchased the CZ-20 was because of wanting to hunt on the beaches, of different areas...

the ring, showes .925 and 14 K on the inside of the band....which is a silver band approx. 3/8" wide....and has unusual markings in each of the raised squares. I am reasonably certain, that they could be just some symbols known to the surfing community....but someone else stated....could the symbols be like heirogliphics ? ? ?

if anyone has knowledge of these symbols....or has seen them before....could you please respond.....

I really don't think there is much value here...in terms of dollars and cents....but it did help me with my wife ...sort of verified that there is a lot of jewery out in and around the surf ....

I do have one question.... Does anyone know about hunting laws abroad..???? say like on the beaches of Greece ? ? ?

I am reading one book by Charles Garrett showing that he was on the beaches of Italy....and I am going to Greece in June......want to take my machine to do the beaches over there.....18k gold in Europe

thank you

[email protected]

Upvote 0

piratepete

Jan 18, 2005
hey garmany,
I live here in jersey, and ive never seen anything like that ring. I have no clue about greece, but good luck!!! I'm in Middlesex county-north brunswick to be exact. There's always stuff to find on the beach-it gets renewed by the waves everyday. Keep up the great work. :)

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
We're glad to hear that you are getting back into detecting. Keep it up. I am planning on being fully retired virtually anyday now. I have been waiting impatiently for the final closing of the sale of my business. I fully intend to travel a lot to detect. Spotz

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Garmany, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. Sounds like you are having a great time back at it. Look forward to seeing many good posts from you. Happy Hunting and retirement.

luckyluke

Jan 27, 2005
Hy Garmany , I live in Italy ( I am an Italian ) and I do some beach hunting ( rarely ). Here in Italy , it is allowed and I suppose in Greece too.

Here , as well as in Greece , the problems may come if you dig in the fields , because you may easily end in digging into a so called " bound area " ( archeological or historical site ) .

Regards

Osvald

dulak

Greenie
Mar 15, 2005
Greece
Garmany,

I am living in greece and I can tell you that you are not allowed to use any kind of detector without getting permission from the authorities.
Be careful. Detectors are allowed for selling but not for use.
Minimum jail is two months !

Klaud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread