Identify these signet ring symbols?

Depardieu

Sep 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what they stand for but I like that ring. I could wear that every day!!

Upvote 0
They called this one a wax seal, which makes sense.
Unfortunately there wasn't an identification of the crest ... and ... for some curious reason they said, 1927 ?

veritas.jpg

Upvote 0
Plug N'Play, I saw that ring as well it was an ebay auction, that was engraved with "DAD '27" so they were dating it to 1927. I believe they also listed the crossed items as crossed hammers.

Upvote 0
Loosely it sez virtue rules, but the motto doesn’t match any lodge that I have information about. You can google a site called Phoenix Masonry and send them the image, they’ve been very helpful to me in the past with identifying my lodge swords and other paraphernalia. Let us know !

Upvote 0
Thank you, JMaynard, it was puzzling me.
It's a mystery why we can't come up with more of these, or an answer for the crest.
Yeah, I'm thinking crossed hammers also, but couldn't match it up with anything.

Yeah, Bruce, I tried freemason / mason symbols and didn't find a match, either.

Upvote 0
Phoenix Masonry compiles information on all lodges, past and present, not just Freemasons.

Upvote 0
ffuries: Yes, it's a skull. The crossed swords pointing down is a very interesting suggestion and they can be found in history. I hadn't considered it, thank you.

Plug N Play and JMaynard: The eBay ring and this one are the same item. The seller got a few items wrong, for instance they thought it said February '27 when the inscription inside the band actually says: "Dad" - Pop 27

The seller also described the crossed items as hammers. My very limited research results gave me the impression that crossed hammers are based on a fictitious neo-nazi organization depicted in the 1982 film Pink Floyd - The Wall. Clearly I've got work left to do.

Bruce R: I am under the impression that Veritas Vincit means:

Truth Prevails
Truth Conquers
Motto of Czechoslovakia (1990-1992), preceded and succeeded by its Czech form: pravda vítězí.
Motto of Clan Keith

I will look into your Phoenix Masonry suggestion, thanks for the tip.

Thank you, everyone, for your input, i'll update with a picture of the band engraving.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back