Identify this mine detector

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello members: In the '90s I used to be a regular here known as "Silver Fox". Those were the days of Ricardo, EZ Rider, Joe G, Glenn G. I remember their names 'cause they plus others got together at Cloves Lake, Staten Island, NY and we had a TH'ing blast/picnic.

Whenever I see anything associated with treasure, treasure hunting especially with metal detectors, etc., I think of the fun I used to have here and they're great memories! I joined TN again because today I was reading an issue of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and saw a photo on page 120 of a man removing land mines and he was holding what looks like a regular metal detector but I have no idea if it's a treasure hunting md or it's special for mines only. I'm sure some of you may immediately recognize what and who and will reply with info.

Attachments

• Teknetics Long Beach (Judy).JPG
    Teknetics Long Beach (Judy).JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

GL & HH

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Based on what I see, I would guess it might be a Minelab F3. Profile looks correct. Telescoping shaft. Could be something else, but I am not well versed on other makers or models of mine detectors.

Time for more coffee.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vallon countermine...

OP
OP
E

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good answer! I went to Google Images to confirm it but I didn't find any images showing the same angle as in my photo so I started to finetune details and what convinced me it is a Minelab F3 is the small downward angled section at the bottom of the handle in the front. I continued looking and found a fuzzy closeup on a Russian website and that finalized it. The guy says: "Buy this device is incredibly difficult - it is not sold to individuals and requires a special license for its purchase."

Minelab says: "Capable of detecting all metal and minimum metal mines at full sensitivity regardless of the mineralised content of soil." Pulse Induction: Bi-Polar Multi Period Sensing

It is not a Vallon that uses the same technology, more or less.

BTW, I mentioned the outing at Cloves Lake, Staten Island, NYC, in 2008 when I decided to return to TH'ing and you can read about it and see the photos I took at: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ri-state-cloves-lake-staten-island-fling.html

Additionally, go to YouTube and see me back in 1973 with my honey stumping THE TONIGHT SHOW band. Johnny Carson was a hoot. The video is 3 minutes long. Enjoy!

Thank you all for solving this puzzle.

Based on what I see, I would guess it might be a Minelab F3. Profile looks correct. Telescoping shaft. Could be something else, but I am not well versed on other makers or models of mine detectors.

Time for more coffee.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread