Identifying unique Noritake tea set

shoptrulyposh

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - I am new to the forum and am hoping you may help me identify a set of Noritake giftware. Vintage clothing is my forte, but this tea set was loved by my mother and I would like to identify it.

The cream and sugar set have a red backmark, while the 2 cups and the trays have the green. I've tentatively identified them as circa 1918 because of the backmark.

It is a gold color with black trim and have chinese lanterns with cherry blossoms on it.

photo (11).JPG photo (12).JPG photo (13).JPG

Any help would be very appreciated at everyone's convenience. Happy new year!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Here's some history to go with your eventual ID:
Noritake grew out of a trading company that was originally established by the Morimura Brothers in New York in 1876. (perhaps that 's the reason for the "M"). This trading company imported chinaware, curios, paper lanterns and other gift items. In 1904, the forerunner of the Noritake Company was established in the village of Noritake, a small suburb near Nagoya, Japan. The goal of this first factory was to create western style dinnerware for export. It took until 1914, however, to create the first porcelain dinnerware plate that was suitable for export.
Don....

OP
OP
S

shoptrulyposh

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there; I contact Noritake and they informed me that they do not identify vintage patterns. They suggested I contact Replacements to see if it can be identified but since I have no intention of selling my mother's set (nor buy any additional pieces) I don't think that seems fair. I'm familiar with noritake and it's history but I've never seen one WITHOUT the number and/or name. Oh well, hopefully I can figure it out one day! Thanks!

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
replacements .com is a good place to look up your items. looks like dragonware to me just my opinion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread