IDX Pro & beaches?

jjp

Greenie
Mar 2, 2005
PA
IDX Pro & beaches?

Hi all,

After detecting allot as a kid. I purchased an IDX Pro . I was wondering how this detector does on a salt-water beech. I have used some other detectors on a beech years ago and it was very very frustrating. I?m hoping to get right to the oceans edge as well is in dry sand areas. Is this viable with this Detector? I?m guessing I will be using the black sand feature? Does any one have any beach experience with this unit? Also how wet can I get the coil?
Sorry for all the questions.
Any advice is much appreciated
Thanks

Upvote 0

Biggunshunter

Jan 25, 2005
North Augusta SC
Re: IDX Pro & beaches?

A friend of my has one and has used it at the beach and not had any problems. I have used myWhites classic and DFX at the beach and had no problems other than some occassional false signaling with the classic. When I got false signals with the classic I tuned to just above nickel and it stopped. From what I've heard of with White's only the XLT has some beach issues and I'm sure there's some way to cut down on that. We don't have black sand around here so I don't know anything about it.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Re: IDX Pro & beaches?

? ? ?I'm no expert but I've heard that alot of detectors have a problem with wet, saltwater beaches. I have an old Classic III that has the black sand switch and I don't remember ever detecting a spot where running it in black sand mode made a difference. Would also like to hear from other Classic and IDX owners about their experience with the black sand switch. I don't think Whites would have put it there just for fun.
? ? ?I've been thinking about getting an IDX Pro for a couple of reasons. 1. It's in my price range. 2. I've owned my Classic III a long time and I think the Classics are a pretty good turn on and go detector. I've carried it with me on moves from the west coast to Missouri and back.I've rarely treated it with kid gloves and have never had a problem with it.
? ? ?What the IDX is lacking is a depth meter, manual ground balance and an audible threshhold. I guess what I want is an MXT without the VERY LOUD VOC. for the price of an IDX. Well I can wish can't I?
? ? ?So how about all you IDXer's out there telling jjp and I all the great things about the Whites IDX Pro?
? ? ? ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread