IDX Pro

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
Whew! I am about to send mine in for the same mod! Glad to hear it was bats.

Had Mr Bill modified IDX Pro a couple years now and never had a problem or heard of any related to Mr Bill's mods. Glad you found the problem jangles. HH Bill (de)

newcomer here but saw the post and the name stands out. My buddy owns the IDx and has pulled more great finds with it. I own the Classic I.d. and until recently the DFX. I'll say one thing, it is one of the best detectors out there for no-nonsense treaure finding. Have a good one! Here's him and his first CT copper. It was in some nasty iron and 8" down. The DFX missed it and trust me, I hunt slower than him. I plan to get one in the future.

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 553
Re: IDX Pro - mod?

I have one and like it - it's pulled out stuff even my Minelab has missed (including three halves!).
In a nutshell, what's the mod about? And who's Mr. Bill?

In a nutshell the Mr. Bill mods

Adds a boost cirquit on the Classic ID , IDX which adds depth---- tweaks the IDX Pro circuit

Adds an external ground balance pot and knob for easier ground balancing-- factory pot is very fragile and can easily be damaged.

Adds external knob to adjust threshold in all metal as it's really too loud from factory

It's a nice mod and does make it better, i had a Classic ID and an IDX Pro and there was a big difference in the Classic ID depth vs factory version .

Is it worth it? YEP ... HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back