If coils could talk

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Show off your old bleeper, coils or Bugg storys...

I don't bleep much any more and just use my bug for hard rock, to make sure I don't destroy a big piece in the vein and keep me on the lead.
Heres a pic of my trusty gold bug and the coils I used in my mining. The big coil cover with holes was one year that treated me very well I think I have 500 miles on that one? The hole went through the coil also. I don't really have any nugg pics from the old days just lots of memories.

The round one is my favorite hard rock coil and has done very well for me, its also worn through, it chased a lead with me 36 foot deep in solid rock before we lost the signal.
I have only tried one other bleeper, it was a mine lab I liked it and would probably own one if I ever had the $$$$

View attachment 889025

Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Show off your old bleeper, coils or Bugg storys...

I don't bleep much any more and just use my bug for hard rock, to make sure I don't destroy a big piece in the vein and keep me on the lead.
Heres a pic of my trusty gold bug and the coils I used in my mining. The big coil cover with holes was one year that treated me very well I think I have 500 miles on that one? The hole went through the coil also. I don't really have any nugg pics from the old days just lots of memories.

The round one is my favorite hard rock coil and has done very well for me, its also worn through, it chased a lead with me 36 foot deep in solid rock before we lost the signal.
I have only tried one other bleeper, it was a mine lab I liked it and would probably own one if I ever had the $$$$

View attachment 889025
Your one tough old desert prospector Herb, hard as iron stone for sure.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do talk-there's toneal ID--meter ID-and when ya find a bign' they'll scream like my last x wife in divorce court when I won.....John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread