If I Were a Betting Man

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, sorry I have not been around much in a while. Ya see I work for a football equipment manufacturer and re-conditioner and this is our peak season. I have been looking at a few forums, but I just know that if I went into "Today's Finds", I'd be locked in for hours. In another few weeks everything will be back to normal and you will see me posting more on your finds.

Well it finally rained pretty good last night and more today :thumbsup: . The rain made it down about 2 to 3 inches in the soil, so I left to get a permission today. My last few hunts have been limited to tot lots and such since it has been way to dry for permissions. I went out to a farm to get permission for another farm house they own that is being worked on. No one home. :BangHead: I then decided to use the XP Deus at the site where I dug the 1877 IHC. I did not find much besides a Lincoln memorial and some deep trash. I then decided to drive around hoping to find someone on their porch or in their yard. After about 30 minutes of driving I decided to hit the lot where the old Middle School sat. I have hit this place numerous times, If I were a betting man, I'd have bet that all I would find was clad and maybe a wheat penny. Wow to my amazement, I dug a sweet signal and out popped my 2nd ever Walker (a 1943). :headbang: I did pull a 52D wheat, a junk ring, and some clad. It sure is a nice feeling pulling a keeper and doing a happy dance as traffic rolled by.

Today's Notables

20160814_135444.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20160814_135421.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: the coil today

GL & HH

Upvote 36

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Walker LD. That's how it seems to go. When we least expect it, this great hobby gives us the goods. Heat index's have been over 100 here this weekend so I passed. Thanks for sharing[emoji106]

HH RN

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Walker LD. That's how it seems to go. When we least expect it, this great hobby gives us the goods. Heat index's have been over 100 here this weekend so I passed. Thanks for sharing[emoji106]

HH RN

We had a front come in late yesterday afternoon, the temp dropped into the low 70's. Now if the rain can continue, that would be sweet, Thanks for the post RN and hoping the temp. breaks in your area soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the large silver find! I hope the job releases you soon so your metal detecting fix can be nourished! :icon_thumleft:

Regards,

Doc

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find LD! I've been chomping at the bit here like crazy. Selling one house, self contracting the building of my new house and its been brutally hot. I hope I'm welcomed back by the MDing deity like you were.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt LD! Congratulations on the Beautiful coin!

Thanks RG, Walkers are beautiful :thumbsup:

Congratualtions on the large silver find! I hope the job releases you soon so your metal detecting fix can be nourished! :icon_thumleft:

Regards,

Doc

Thanks Doc, they compensate me pretty good, it's just the nature of the beast. I sure could use two more solid days of detecting. I will be taking a weeks vacation in about a month to swing the coil daily.

Great find LD! I've been chomping at the bit here like crazy. Selling one house, self contracting the building of my new house and its been brutally hot. I hope I'm welcomed back by the MDing deity like you were.

Thanks Reaper, just go out with the mind set - knowing it's going to happen, and it will. Keep the faith as I look forward to your next finds post. :thumbsup:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome looking walker, congratulations!

Been on vacation doing a lot of family things haven't been doing much the detecting and haven't had the time to look at the forum or reply. Decided to look today I'm glad I did. Congrats and happy hunting!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a front come in late yesterday afternoon, the temp dropped into the low 70's. Now if the rain can continue, that would be sweet, Thanks for the post RN and hoping the temp. breaks in your area soon.
70 degrees? ? Was it snowing?? lol
Congrats on a beautiful Walker

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job LD! I was wondering where you were. I figured you hit the motherlode, and your staying out of site:laughing7: Congrats on the surprise Walker:thumbsup:

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you're back LD. And like Reaper said, looks like the metal detecting God's are smiling down on you. Excellent find:thumbsup:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Great coin, Loco.

Still looking for my first walker.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an awesome looking walker, congratulations!

Been on vacation doing a lot of family things haven't been doing much the detecting and haven't had the time to look at the forum or reply. Decided to look today I'm glad I did. Congrats and happy hunting!

Thanks DD, I'm glad you peeked in and posted.

Funny how that works, ain't it! :)

Nice!

Sure is Whadi, you are so right, never in a million years would I ever think that a Walker was 6 inches down in the curb strip. I hit that strip twice before hoping to find loose change from the 4th of July parade watchers. But I also never thought a 1780 1/2 Real would be dug in a curb strip either. The Real was dug withing 40 yards of the Walker, just across the street a couple lots down.

70 degrees? ? Was it snowing?? lol
Congrats on a beautiful Walker

Thanks ATW, snow LOL, yes the 70's I couldn't believe it, felt great and today has been nice also.

Nice job LD! I was wondering where you were. I figured you hit the motherlode, and your staying out of site:laughing7: Congrats on the surprise Walker:thumbsup:

Thanks Digger, when I hit the powerball I am buying a tour bus sized camper, and will be going state to state hunting with every Tnet member that will have me for a day or two, but until then "the mother load is still buried somewhere out there". Just a working stiff, trying to eke out a living

Glad you're back LD. And like Reaper said, looks like the metal detecting God's are smiling down on you. Excellent find:thumbsup:

Thanks Rustic, you just need to know it will happen, it's "the secret". I've paid my dues and the detecting Gods do smile at me on occasion. :thumbsup:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all the years I've been detecting, I have yet to find one. Congrats on an awesome find and a great hunt!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice score on the walker. Congrats on pulling a good size keeper out of your hammered spot. You know there is more!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a real sweet looking Walker! Those unexpected surprises are the best of all!

Glad you made it out for a little fun time. At lest you have a good excuse, work. i've just been too lazy to post, but i've been early morning hunting.
The heat has been really bad.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to have you back LD...........
Man, you just have the touch.......too bad you can't put wheels on that F75 and just say "Go find!". Seems like you nail at least one outstanding keeper every time out.......
Congratulations on that big Walker!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back Loco...I (we) been wondering where you've been keeping yourself, but CONGRATS on the huge silver, my only silver half dug is also a '43 Walker...what a beautiful sound. Thx for the post...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread