If I Were a Betting Man

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, sorry I have not been around much in a while. Ya see I work for a football equipment manufacturer and re-conditioner and this is our peak season. I have been looking at a few forums, but I just know that if I went into "Today's Finds", I'd be locked in for hours. In another few weeks everything will be back to normal and you will see me posting more on your finds.

Well it finally rained pretty good last night and more today :thumbsup: . The rain made it down about 2 to 3 inches in the soil, so I left to get a permission today. My last few hunts have been limited to tot lots and such since it has been way to dry for permissions. I went out to a farm to get permission for another farm house they own that is being worked on. No one home. :BangHead: I then decided to use the XP Deus at the site where I dug the 1877 IHC. I did not find much besides a Lincoln memorial and some deep trash. I then decided to drive around hoping to find someone on their porch or in their yard. After about 30 minutes of driving I decided to hit the lot where the old Middle School sat. I have hit this place numerous times, If I were a betting man, I'd have bet that all I would find was clad and maybe a wheat penny. Wow to my amazement, I dug a sweet signal and out popped my 2nd ever Walker (a 1943). :headbang: I did pull a 52D wheat, a junk ring, and some clad. It sure is a nice feeling pulling a keeper and doing a happy dance as traffic rolled by.

Today's Notables

20160814_135444.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20160814_135421.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: the coil today

GL & HH

Upvote 36

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! :-)

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the beautiful lady. I know what you mean about making a living getting in the way of living.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DD, I'm glad you peeked in and posted.

Sure is Whadi, you are so right, never in a million years would I ever think that a Walker was 6 inches down in the curb strip. I hit that strip twice before hoping to find loose change from the 4th of July parade watchers. But I also never thought a 1780 1/2 Real would be dug in a curb strip either. The Real was dug withing 40 yards of the Walker, just across the street a couple lots down.

Thanks ATW, snow LOL, yes the 70's I couldn't believe it, felt great and today has been nice also.

Thanks Digger, when I hit the powerball I am buying a tour bus sized camper, and will be going state to state hunting with every Tnet member that will have me for a day or two, but until then "the mother load is still buried somewhere out there". Just a working stiff, trying to eke out a living

Thanks Rustic, you just need to know it will happen, it's "the secret". I've paid my dues and the detecting Gods do smile at me on occasion. [emoji106]
When that happens you will need a driver. Someone with your status should be in the back posting on t-net between towns. The driver should have detecting experience and be a little nuts. I now just the guy and will be waiting for the call.

HH RN

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations, my man! That's a big old hunk oh silver.

Glad to see you getting out and scoring some goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread