If Im lyin, Im dyin...

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'...

I'm entering the start of my 2nd week as a CRHer and I'm having a great time so far. I've been able to score some 40% halfers and 3 '64 halfers. Today, however, was incredible.

Yesterday, when I picked up a box from my bank, a couple of the tellers there said they had some rolls and loose halves in their drawers...$60 in halves, $5.50 loose. I don't have an account at this bank, and I didn't have any cash on me (besides the $500 I paid for the box), so I told them to hold it for me and I'd pick it up tomorrow. So this morning I stopped in to pick up the halves. I mainly wanted to get the rolls cause I needed some clad to make up for the ones I took out of the box I hunted last night. When the teller handed me the loose halves, I could tell just by the sound when they hit my hand that they were mostly silvers. I got giddy, but didn't freak out and check them in front of her. I said thank you, and went to my car. When I examined the $5.50 more closely, I saw that ALL of them were 40% ers. WOOHOO!!! :hello2:

I figured I'd bring myself back down to earth and check the rolls. The last time I bought CWRs from this bank, I got a few 90%ers, so I figured I might find a couple...

coin rolls.jpg

I got kind of excited when I saw that roll in the middle. It looked like an old wrapper so I thought maybe it'd have some older coins. I dug into the first roll and found a solid roll of 40%ers. What happened after that was amazing:

silver out.jpg

6 solid rolls of 40%ers! :headbang: I couldn't believe it! I still can't believe it! I think I might be opening an account with this bank soon! And treating these tellers to some breakfast!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That is friggin AMAZING. Nice score Ben!! I can only hope that one day I too will find at least ONE solid roll of silver halves. But until then, the search continues :) Again, congrats...that is an epic find.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible find! Gotta love those random collection dumps. I'm assuming this bank has to be located in a residential area with some elderly. Definitely keep checking this bank periodically. I visit a bank near me where I found a collection dump in the past about once every two weeks. I'm waiting for another collection dump to snatch up.

jwalz

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is simply amazing ... can I get some of that luck haha ... nice find

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Are your hands still shaking? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the hobby and for your amazing score, you get my patented "YAHTZEEE"!!!!

Rock on bro!

H$H!!
TGB

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! It's gonna take quite a string of skunk boxes to get me down from this high!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats great!! Am still looking for my 1st solid roll!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dream score!!! I am waiting for my first solid roll too, my best roll had... 19 40%ers in it, one shy of being a solid roll, the bicentennial ruined it, ha.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome score man.:thumbsup:

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome! I can't imagine the excitement when opening those rolls, congrats!

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
Fantastic find. Waiting for my first solid silver roll. I was thinking about the post above, about some CRher maybe accidently turning in his silver 40 % rolls . I could see that happening. It would suck. Then running back to the bank to buy back the rolls ,only to be told they were already sold to another customer.
I keep my stash in those clear containers, I like to see the silver rims. I was thinking of using some wrappers to store silver but not anymore.

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
silvereyes said:
Fantastic find. Waiting for my first solid silver roll. I was thinking about the post above, about some CRher maybe accidently turning in his silver 40 % rolls . I could see that happening. It would suck. Then running back to the bank to buy back the rolls ,only to be told they were already sold to another customer.
I keep my stash in those clear containers, I like to see the silver rims. I was thinking of using some wrappers to store silver but not anymore.

All my silvers/buffs/steel pennies go into plastic tubes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions