If only....

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
Goodluck with it! I'm 22 and also have a back going out on me but I try not to let it get in the way, my spine curves a little but not noticeable at my tailbone, arthritis and a fubard disc but as stated I dont let it slow me down I just relax when I get home, but finding color sure makes the pain go away!

shamaalah

Mar 18, 2009
Goldbear said:
I had this much interest and info 20 years ago. Instead of now 54 with a bad back. But I am gonna try anyway!

Yeah believe me I think the same thing all the time. Too much attention in all the wrong things...but alas at least Ive broken the cycle

pastorals

Jul 12, 2011
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aren't the only one, Goldbear. I'm just starting out in prospecting with my bad back (osteoarthritis) but I'm only 72.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work smarter--not harder. Get a good detector,used but not abused for pennies on the dollar all over in this depression. Gold Bug Pro,GB2,Tesoro Lobo Supertraq are my favorites. EZ to use,lightweight and you get the tiny stuff and don't have to dig bomb craters to find a rusty nail at 2'. You process a cubic foot of gravel a second which is comparable to a 6" dredge or 2 mexicans or a single cranked out addict--Go for it your never to old till ya wake up with dirtn' your eyes---John :laughing7:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HJ :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9::wav: Ouch my L4, L5

I much prefer the GMT w/hotfoot killer combo, i am a little like 40% stick

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 222

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldbear said:
I had this much interest and info 20 years ago. Instead of now 54 with a bad back. But I am gonna try anyway!

I wont sugar coat it. Prospecting/mining is hard on the ol' back! You are always bending over, lifting, carrying, digging, moving boulders, swinging a pick, working a dredge hose, etc. So whatever you can do to ease the pain, either by wearing a back support, or taking painkillers, etc. will go a long way to making your experience less painful and more enjoyable.

GG~

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
GoodyGuy said:
Goldbear said:

I wont sugar coat it. Prospecting/mining is hard on the back! You are always bending over, lifting, carrying, digging, working a dredge hose, etc. So whatever you can do to ease the pain, either by wearing a back support, or taking painkillers, etc. will go a long way to making your experience more enjoyable.

GG~

And a couple of stiff whiskey cocktails at the campfire helps to!!! ;D

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:occasion14:
Thats just for starters, then ya gotta cook dinner, couple more, then ya gotta get firewood, couple more............ya get the idea. :tongue3:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D Me and Russ are practizers of that perscription and by god it does work or maybe it seems to as then ya don't really give a flying wooly f--- what happens then. Get up,get out and do it. Go to physical therapy FIRST to strenghten your back properly,get in a jacuzzi/sauna religiously,glusosamine condrointin helps too,with a couple a vicodim thrown in for good measure !! :headbang: PT has resurected a bumb knee I couldn't even walk on at all and back neck?? they've wanted to wack mine for years and chiro helps too. The more ya do the less ya hurt,just do anythang as my younger brother has taken the easy road and now looks like jabba the hut at 450 because he CAN'T DO ANYTHANG 'CAUSE HE HURTS----death by couch---John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Going up to the claim in the morning :icon_thumleft: I will see how the bones hold up.
Well supplied if needed. Even if not needed :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread