If the clues to the LDM really came from the Dutchman, how do we know it's the truth

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the clues to the LDM really came from the Dutchman, how do we know he was telling the truth? How do we know he really wanted anyone else to find his mine?
According to the story, when Ben Sublet was on his death bed his family gathered around and wanted him to reveal the location of his gold. He reportedly said, "Go find it like I did."
So how do we know for sure that the Dutchman really wanted anyone to find his mine? Maybe he just gave out a lot of worthless clues that could fit any number of places in the Superstitions.
Some claim to have found his mine, but I have never seen them produce any gold ore that matched that in the matchbox which was made from the gold ore under the Dutchman's bed when he died.
Julia, Dick Holmes, etc. tried to follow his clues and didn't find anything. Maybe the clues were not meant to reveal the mines location.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day some lucky prospector will stumble upon it IF it is meant to be...

Ben Sublett was one heck of a guy...One day I too will be on my death bed and will repeat his last words to those around me...LOL

It is where it is and I have been rather fortunate in my life...There are some things that are much more important to me than metals and gems...Maybe one day my views might change...Heck...I have told quite a few people the general area of some of my finds...Though I sure won't be taking anyone by the hand and lead them to any areas that I have stumbled upon...

Good luck to all of ya'll in whatever it is that ya'll seek...You just might get lucky and find something worth while in ya'lls searches...

Ed T :)

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If the clues to the LDM really came from the Dutchman, how do we know he was telling the truth? How do we know he really wanted anyone else to find his mine?
According to the story, when Ben Sublet was on his death bed his family gathered around and wanted him to reveal the location of his gold. He reportedly said, "Go find it like I did."
So how do we know for sure that the Dutchman really wanted anyone to find his mine? Maybe he just gave out a lot of worthless clues that could fit any number of places in the Superstitions.
Some claim to have found his mine, but I have never seen them produce any gold ore that matched that in the matchbox which was made from the gold ore under the Dutchman's bed when he died.
Julia, Dick Holmes, etc. tried to follow his clues and didn't find anything. Maybe the clues were not meant to reveal the mines location.

Good afternoon Steamboat,
The legend of the lost gold mine of the Dutchman, is just that, a lost treasure story, that many enjoy investigating in one fashion or another. Not even the first Dutch Hunters had guarantee to the answer of your questions.

Maybe nobody has found it yet, because it is your destiny?
Just kidding, but some of those that search take it seriously. For many, it is a hobby, or just a mystery.

Only you can decide, if you think the LDM is out there, just waiting to be discovered, or not.
If you think it exists, then perhaps your hunt is developing?

Idahodutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread