D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got some true answers , sometimes you have to piss people off to find the truth. No body going to defend a piece of crap.well not everyone.I no this is brought up alot , but you have to understand that there is new people looking for answers to the same old question.seems to me more people get mad cause they don't have one so it seems.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a.jpg
Yep overrated indeed...

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what kinda detector the OP has? Since he started s post like this. I bet he's never held a detector over 150 dallors.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't worry about the E-trac they will be discontinue soon any way..

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice little pile O sliver but, where's your gold??

xr please understand that no metal detector made can possibly help you find more gold jewelry because gold jewelry sounds like (or has similar electro magnetic reaction to) can slaw and foil wads and pull tabs and aluminum crap and aluminum bottle caps and aluminum anything and many brass and bronze items and stuff, not to mention lead bullets and other crap. Where's anyone's gold I wonder?

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The op swings a at pro and tried the f75 for a while. Was thinking of getting a etrac ,that was all. Its hard to get the truth with all the bs out there .you watch one guy hits a dime at 8 inches then another guy can't so if you own one can you?

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The op swings a at pro and tried the f75 for a while. Was thinking of getting a etrac ,that was all. Its hard to get the truth with all the bs out there .you watch one guy hits a dime at 8 inches then another guy can't so if you own one can you?

I got my first silver, a 1906 Barber dime, around 8-9" with my E-Trac. It was in a small park I had hunted with my AT Pro a month prior, so that was all the proof I needed. I don't really understand all the hate on the E-Trac, because it seems to be a proven machine that is popular with many knowledgeable enthusiasts.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first silver, a 1906 Barber dime, around 8-9" with my E-Trac. It was in a small park I had hunted with my AT Pro a month prior, so that was all the proof I needed. I don't really understand all the hate on the E-Trac, because it seems to be a proven machine that is popular with many knowledgeable enthusiasts.

I wanted the etrac but settled with a safari. My hunting partner has an etrac and I wish I woulda got one, it's an amazing machine. Some people can't understand how to use them and then bash them.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The etrac isn't overrated. Its great and I have found numerous good finds with it and I havent had it that long. If I had to do it over again, I would purchase another one. I have had 4 other brands and I found stuff with all if them but none of them went as deep or is as accurate as my etrac. I dont need another detector. I am completely satisfied and confident I have one of the best. And I say one of the best because I havent tried the ctx3030 so I dont know if its better or not.

The etrac is the best for my type of hunting IMO and that is coin shooting. It ids coins accurately at depth. Its amazing.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think anyone who does not own an E-Trac should even consider buying one! In my neck of the woods anyway :)

I recommend they all buy Ace 250's or from Radio Shack!

And metal detecting is hard work for very few finds, it's illegal to hunt anywhere, and people think you're a nut case when they see you doing it!

The police will arrest you!

Can I hunt your front yard?

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone who does not own an E-Trac should even consider buying one! In my neck of the woods anyway :)

And metal detecting is hard work for very few finds, it's illegal to hunt anywhere, and people think you're a nut case when they see you doing it!

Excellent advice lol

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody took your bait, to start your normal bashing, did they........................pathetic
If you really want to fill yer pouch with bottle caps, trade that ace up to an atpro.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, most over rated,big time over rated. Plus,like Keppy states, its gonna be discontinued. Stay away from it. I can even see in the future, the CTX will be discontinued. Just stay away from Minelabs.
Had my ETrac for several years now. Had several other brands to go along with it,but they go away.
Good luck with your new Bounty Hunter,
Gator

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I can tell the weather is bad most everywhere lol. Lots of detector bashing going on and not enough digging.

I am going out today to have people look at me crazy think I'm an idiot and so forth lol. And I'm doing it with a suckified etrac. Probably just wasting my time lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, most over rated,big time over rated. Plus,like Keppy states, its gonna be discontinued. Stay away from it. I can even see in the future, the CTX will be discontinued. Just stay away from Minelabs.
Had my ETrac for several years now. Had several other brands to go along with it,but they go away.
Good luck with your new Bounty Hunter,
Gator

Yes, all competitors stay away from Minelabs please nothing more Minelab owners perfer to hear. .....ROFLMBO

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best advice ever! LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions