if the government does collapse....

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive if the government does collapse its not the person who has the most precious metals that will be on top. Its the person who can supply the most electricity to be sold to their community. Our present world relies a lot on being able to charge electronics or work on computers and watch tv. Burning coal and natural gas for energy might be out of the picture because i think the prices would soar like precious metals. Its the person who can supply an alternative energy source cheaply that would come out on top. And plus it seems like silver and gold wouldnt be easily traded for food at the beginning. Later on though once things become stabalized we could print a new currency that had to be bought with gold and silver going back to the standard. Just something to think about.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And plus it seems like silver and gold wouldnt be easily traded for food at the beginning. Later on though once things become stabalized we could print a new currency that had to be bought with gold and silver going back to the standard.

Well good luck with your thoughts, by the way who do you think controls the electricity? The Gold Standard is not bought by Gold and Silver It's Backed By Gold and Silver. Keep Stacking By the way I just added another 3K of the new $100 bills to my stack, I'm diversifying. Lol

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just saying that large companies, for example mine is Nipsco, would jack up the price of electricity leaving most people in the dark. Electricity would be more easily traded for food than precious metals because its "a necessity" to some people. Im not saying thats its not a good idea to stack but i just dont think its as good of an idea.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol, if the government really collapsed it would be chaos. energy sources would be your last worry, trust me.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.S. if it happens I'm heading for Treasure_Hunters house!

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
If I could have one thing that would be a gun. That would supply me with everything.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and a saw to cut wood

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well power could be used to purify water and preserve food which would become much more precious in the beginning. A gun would be nice too

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Just how long do you think it will take to "stabilize"? A few days or weeks, or are you thinking months or years? I think if this gvt. would collapse it could be year's if ever.
The gvt. didn't collapse during the Great Depression and everything kept going, it was just the people had no money to spend. If you had a buck it bought something. If this gvt. goes under your fiat money wont buy anything.
If that happens the guy on top will be the guy that has food,shelter and the ability to feed his family. Maybe the guy should have the ability to defend what he has but the first time he pulls the trigger he's lost.
A big part of the world operates without electricity. When I was a kid living in the county there was a lady a half mile from me that never did have electricity. The power lines ran 100 feet from her house. She had coal oil lamps, a gas stove, gas heat, gas refrigerator and a cistern with a hand pump in the house. Someone like that could live a few months until the gas ran out.
Electricity is a luxury. I might trade fiat money for it but not my food,water or ammo.

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But would you trade food for clean water? Electricity would keep the water on for any home that has a well. But idk it all was just a thought. To sustain life for a family would take a big garden.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
City folk are screwed, country folk, the ones with the water wells, livestock, cropland, guns and ammo, the ones that will band together will survive, get there quick, we will have your stack in a month, LOL!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna know if the government does collapse...

who gets the spoils ?
[h=1][/h]

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanna know if the government does collapse...

who gets the spoils ?

Since the gov is bought and paid for puppets,the puppet masters(the elite)gets the spoils.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have a camp deep in the east texas piney woods, no electric no running water, have lived there and grown a garden, and fished and hunted for years at a time, i cook and can with wood when i am there, i have coffee bushes but have not gotten any beans yet, i have fruit tree's that i get lots of fruit off of, i have grown and have seeds for tobacco, black pepper, and many other herbs that will make great commodities in the case of rough times, i have 10 lbs of salt (need to get some more) and 100 lbs of sugar, 1500 candles, and candle lanterns, i have a grain mill and oil press, and a native nut cracker, got a long ways to go but i am getting there, if things went down tomorrow i would be alright and electricity would be the last of my worry's

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a camp deep in the east texas piney woods, no electric no running water, have lived there and grown a garden, and fished and hunted for years at a time, i cook and can with wood when i am there, i have coffee bushes but have not gotten any beans yet, i have fruit tree's that i get lots of fruit off of, i have grown and have seeds for tobacco, black pepper, and many other herbs that will make great commodities in the case of rough times, i have 10 lbs of salt (need to get some more) and 100 lbs of sugar, 1500 candles, and candle lanterns, i have a grain mill and oil press, and a native nut cracker, got a long ways to go but i am getting there, if things went down tomorrow i would be alright and electricity would be the last of my worry's

Smart Intuitive Man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread