Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
S

stefen

Bridge End Farm said:
President Obama is thinking about lifting the nearly 50 year old ban with Cuba

http://www.upi.com/news/issueoftheday/2009/04/08/Obama-ready-to-end-Cuba-embargo/UPI-93491239207960/

Can you imagine the early model American Cars that will be available for purchase and shipping back to the USA

It will be a old car treasure chest

Interesting notion...I'd bet that most of the cars predate 1957...those old chevies would be bailing-wired beaters by now...plus the humidity and salt air would also take its toll...(you can sit on your front porch and actually hear the old chevies rust at night ;D)

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
stefen said:
Bridge End Farm said:
President Obama is thinking about lifting the nearly 50 year old ban with Cuba

http://www.upi.com/news/issueoftheday/2009/04/08/Obama-ready-to-end-Cuba-embargo/UPI-93491239207960/

Can you imagine the early model American Cars that will be available for purchase and shipping back to the USA

It will be a old car treasure chest

Interesting notion...I'd bet that most of the cars predate 1957...those old chevies would be bailing-wired beaters by now...plus the humidity and salt air would also take its toll...(you can sit on your front porch and actually hear the old chevies rust at night ;D)

A long time ago when I was stationed there at Gitmo a local was buying up all the junks laying around and stuffing them in a warehouse waiting on that very day of the embargo being lifted.

I know I will take a trip over and look to buy and ship 2 in the 50s era

A

Atticus Finch

mcgearhead said:
Yeah, I heard about this , funny, I never even knew that there was a ban on Cuba !

Georgia's school system...

S

stefen

Atticus Finch said:
mcgearhead said:
Yeah, I heard about this , funny, I never even knew that there was a ban on Cuba !

Georgia's school system...

;D

Attachments

• Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 951
  • Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 947

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
There are a bunch of galleons sunk off the coast of Cuba just begging to be salvaged!
Aquanut

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
aquanut said:
There are a bunch of galleons sunk off the coast of Cuba just begging to be salvaged!
Aquanut

lol I was so focused on getting me some old chevys I had forgotten that. Along with those fine cigars Nick mentioned too.

The chest possibilities just get bigger and bigger

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some of those old Chevys have been kept up quite well...

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
The cars are nice. It goes with the old addage "Work with what you've got".

But what I'd be really interested in is if Cuba would open their waters for treasure salvage. Just thinking about it gets me foaming at the mouth. If that ever happens, I will be on the first flight out. But I won't hold my breath.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well it happened! Can we work there, or just visit? Since we're opening communications, somebody will be working there...
Aquanut

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
aquanut said:
Well it happened! Can we work there, or just visit? Since we're opening communications, somebody will be working there...
Aquanut

I think it is only relatives that can visit right now etc

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Barack Obama this week lifted a broad set of sanctions that were designed to isolate the island. Cuban Americans, currently restricted on the amount of money then can send home and to one visit every three years, will be allowed to go as often as they wish and to send more money to relatives. Obama has also lifted restrictions on US telecommunications com­panies applying for licences to operate there, and on scheduled commercial flights to the island. Air travel is currently limited to charter flights from Miami, New York and Los Angeles for Cuban Americans with relatives on the island, and those with a special reason to visit, such as journalists

mikeslater

Feb 25, 2009
Walker, LA
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350
Banned Cigars.... Dont cubans float over here by the boat load? Maybe they can rig a 57 chevy belaire to float over with a load of cigars in the trunk.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They tried that with a pickup, Coast Guard sunk it before they hit land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread